Chapter 51: The 10 days siege

Ten days later. The Orcs have already breached the eighth room. The past few days had been hell on Earth for them as the Orcs attacked relentlessly.

They have done all they could, carving out a desperate path to survival via tooth and nail. It was only through the Bagua array that made it possible for them to continue their struggle. The threat of death had been enough to drill the formation deep into the head of anyone who was unfamiliar with it before.

During these time, there were three critical junctions where the Orcs threatened to overwhelm them, and each time, they somehow overturned the situation using the Starfire array. A secret formation that Kairos had wisely chosen to share with them previously. It could be said that he has given up one of his trump cards to save their lives.

The respect he earned from them were remarkable, simply because he had not made this decision when they faced life and death but freely given it to them the moment the Orc's threat loomed in the horizon.

Not only so, but because of Kairos's combat enlightenment, the Snowdrifts had vastly improved, and they become the pillar that resolutely defends them against the overwhelming number of Orcs.

Most of them pushed into F ranks, and even those with higher cultivation benefitted much; Jim and Edward managed to attain Entry E while Tommy and Alan have both reached Mid E rank, and Kairos himself who was originally at Entry E have vastly improved achieving Peak E rank.

Of course, at the same time, the Orcs have also grown a whole lot stronger than before because of their King.

The previous three days of rest that the Orcs took already managed to upgrade their serfs into peons, one can imagine how much improvement this ten days of fierce combat have pushed forward the War Beasts.

For a warrior race that strengthens itself from combat, it is no surprise that even a few C rank magical beasts have appeared.

These beasts are the infamous Orc Knights that formed the bulk of the Orc armies in ages past. It is only after the downfall of their species that they become seldom seen in recent times.

.....

A few days ago, when Jones heard that the red team were sieged by the Orcs and retreated into the hill, he had become indecisive about wanting to help.

As a person who came from the poorer group among the commoners, how wouldn't he know what it feels like to be living in danger day after day from the threat of monsters?

And how often did each friend and family wish for help from the nobles whenever they were attacked by bandits or monster?

After the previous battle with Kairos, he felt that some feelings within himself been cleared up. However, the confusion he faced in his Dao Heart is not something easy to dismiss, and the more he struggled with it, the harder it was for him to circulate his cultivation. In other words, he had reached a point where he could no longer use his Ki as he wished.

It took an entire week for Jones to finally untie that knot within his heart, and at the same time, he decided to put down his façade. For Kairos who have never stopped seeing him as a brother, he will not forsake the relationship. Whatever was the cause that killed his father, he will personally ask Kairos' dad.

"It took me a while to realise this. I'm sorry. I'm coming now, please don't die" Jones thought to himself as he rushed over from the other side of the training ground.

.....

Even at this moment, everyone stood trembling while facing down a new group of fresh and angry Orc army.