Chapter 82: Those from the North (Part 1)

This time round Kairos did not go and meet the families of the deceased alone. These three students that died in battle had been claimed as the members of Snowdrifts and their relationship in Kairos' heart is definitely closer than the eleven who were killed during the ten days siege.

Of course, there are exceptions within the eleven since there are those that died a heroic death like Zhu De, but most of them perished because of a moment's carelessness or delay.

The group strolled to the end of the busy market and entered a place similar to the slums that Kairos went into the other day except that it is at another side of town.

The reason why the deceased came from families that live nearby each other is no coincidence. It is when one of those people in their team dies that the entire team usually enters an extremely dangerous and chaotic time. If they are unlucky at that time, the whole group might perish in the same battle.

And as most student groups within the academy are formed by their own preference, teams are usually made of people who knew each other well, often neighbours who have been playing together since a very tender age.

It was for this reason that those eleven families that day lived in one neighbourhood, and now these three families they are visiting are in another.

As they walked into the slums, all the inhabitants immediately avoided contact with them.

With so many young children from the academy entering the slums, the residents are afraid that they are seeking 'fun' in this area. When they saw how shabby the clothes this group are, many of them trembled.

In the past, they would've breathed a sigh of relief if students wearing such apparel appeared, but a rumour has started flying wildly that dressing shabbily is in fashion with the young noble in Saint Cadets Academy recently. Because of that, if it is possible to avoid them, the residents will stay as far away and as quickly as possible.

.....

Back at the academy, in the largest office of the staff building, the principal is still working hard on the future plans for the school when most of the instructors have already retired back to their homes now that the holidays are starting.

Even as in-charge of the academy, Gai was totally stumped about the most recent change of event that Kairos has brought about, and because he still wants to invite the young genius into their faction, he doesn't have any idea how to best fix this situation.

"Huff... Even the principals of the other schools are calling now our Saint Cadets Academy as the Poor Cadets Academy. The more nasty ones even nicknamed us as the beggar's academy," the Principal grabs his head with frustration at that thought.

Outside his windows, he could see the students roaming about proudly while showing off their clothes.

Instead of comparing how beautiful their clothes are, many students are instead competing with each other on the patchwork done on their robes.

"Mine is more realistic, can you see the broken threads on it?"

Even where he is in his office, he could hear their conversations, and he had a serious temptation to run headfirst into a brick wall.

"My reputation..."

.....

Looking at the markers he placed on a map, Kairos lead the guys to the first house.

Unlike Xuan Xian's scrap metal hut, this building was made of a dirty pile of impaired bricks, no doubt collected from the discard piles at construction sites.