The hardest part of deciding to propose to Sophie had to be when he told Keefe. They had both moved into the Shores of Solace or as Keefe had renamed it "Paradise Party Palace" after their graduation from Foxfire the year before and despite some very heated arguments about how it is not ok to swap shampoo with curly-dew and harroids or to add Greenleaf elixir to food before an important meeting with the council things had gone pretty good. Keefe was even on friendly terms with his dad, who was much happier married to Lady Belva than he had ever been to Lady Gisella. Keefe was even painting and had been commissioned to create portraits for some very notable families. Surprisingly when Fitz told him the plan he joked and said, "I'm surprised you even made it to her graduation. I thought you two were going to run away together during our break between our silver and gold level." 

Fitz had contemplated it, numerous times, especially this past year and only getting to see Sophie during the midterm break, but he wanted to do it right and start their new life together in the most perfect way possible. He knew Sophie trusted him and that over the past two and a half years their connection had gotten even stronger, he just didn't know if she would think this was too quick or they were too young but he couldn't imagine waiting any longer to be able to start his life with Sophie by his side all the time. 

Fitz was outside near the lake when he saw flashes of light and the familiar capes from Linh, Marella and Sophie appear. He watched as they made their way up to the house, a rush of panic coursed through his body. What if Biana couldn't get Sophie outside to the dock?

When he had thought of all the places he could take Sophie to propose he kept coming back to their first date and how perfect it had been, rowing across the lake and the picnic on the beach. It was the perfect place to ask Sophie to marry him. Fitz sat nervously on the dock, Biana had promised she would get Sophie out to the dock quickly but it had been nearly an hour since Sophie had arrived. Suddenly a notification on his imparter let him know Sophie was finally on her way out.

"Fitz is that you?" 

He quickly jumped up and turned around to see Sophie. Biana had worked her magic again and Sophie looked absolutely amazing. Her hair was twisted into an updo that let her brown eyes shine. He knew Biana had put some makeup on her but it wasn't overdone and it really showed just how stunning Sophie's natural beauty was. It was the simple red dress that really blew Fitz away, the fabric twisted and pulled in all the right spots showing Sophie's petite shape but somehow making her seem taller and the subtle sparkle gave her a regal presence. She literally took his breath away just standing there and before he could even say anything she rushed towards him and threw her arms around him pulling him into the tightest hug.

"I've missed you so much." He heard her small voice say as she looked up at his face. Her familiar smile shined bright and he knew that she was so happy to see him.

"I've missed you too, I was going to take the boat out for a little bit. Will you come with me?" Fitz asked not taking his eyes off her smile.

Sophie's eyes darted up to the house and Fitz could see she was thinking about something.

"Biana sent me out here to find a blue spring blossom, Dex is teaching her some new beauty elixirs and she forgot to grab some, she said they were by the dock." Sophie's voice trailed off her brain was already trying to figure out what to do.

"I think Biana will be fine for a while, let me just transmit her quick telling her you are with me." Fitz said grabbing Sophie's hand to guide her to the boat. "Remember when we did this before and you thought it would tip over."

Sophie's free hand pulled up to cover her face as her cheeks turned pink. "Don't remind me, I was so worried and embarrassed."

"Well you know I would never let anything happen to you."