|36|

"Say that again?"

You gulped as Chaeyoung kept staring at you, eyes wide and her folded hands now left free on her sides as she walked towards you. "You're not joking, right?"

"I could have given you the same reaction when you told me Jimin and you got back together..." You trailed off when she gave you that look which totally told you to shut up.

"I'm serious, and this is nothing to be worried about," You gave her a warm smile when she didn't say a thing. Her gaze was stern and eyes still cold like she had a few minutes ago, which was just a bit more unnerving, you needed her to tell what she had in her mind otherwise you would go haywire with her eerie looks. "What?"

"Don't you think that's a bit weird?" Chaeyoung now went back to folding her hands, only to see her pacing back and forth while her head was down. "See, the thing between me and Jimin-"

"I know," You broke her before she could get into that overly exciting story of how she got back with Jimin, only remembering how they just need some damn alcohol to finally pour out their dumbass fairy tale feelings for each other. God knows what happened that night, you knew it when they both went missing for hours.

The next day you saw Jimin carrying her into your shared apartment, tucking her into her bed and then kissing her on the forehead like he always did.

"Chae," You called out to her awkwardly, seeing how those cold eyes vanished in a jiffy when your tone changed. "I know it's weird, I know what he's doing."

Her eyes went wide for a bit and you saw that spark of realization in her eyes, but you hoped that she wouldn't see the pain in your eyes. It was hard to pretend nothing really happened, but for some reason everything was cold around you, even a very familiar touch seemed to be so foreign and made you twitchy now.

"What is he doing?" Her tone was also calm, like she knew the answer and she was not expecting you to say the same thing in her head. You were so used to see her being so expressive with everything, and now seeing her like this made you chortle awkwardly.

Somehow trying not to make it more awkward, you shrugged and hit her shoulder with your own playfully. "Why so serious?"

She rolled her eyes and stood up, walking away into the kitchen as if to mind her own business but you knew that she knew that was not all. There was more to it, more than what you both knew that is, if you really gave space for your mind to overthink.

With a sigh, you did realize that there was a chance that you were actually overthinking and all of this might just be another illusions you had before. It was because of this one thing, you ruined a near perfect relationship.

"Taehyung's coming over," You heard Chaeyoung proclaiming it loudly from the kitchen. "Jimin is also coming."

Not that it really mattered, you just hummed back in response and nodded to yourself. The last time you saw him was in a cafe shop while he was taking his order, not sparing you a glance even when he knew you were there. It was hurtful at first, but he really endured a lot of pain.

That's when you realized how messed up your life truly is.

"Yo, snap out of it, it's just Taehyung." Chaeyoung sat down on the couch beside you with a bowl of cut fruits, a new weird obsession of hers, sometimes with lots of chocolate syrup all over it. "And you're gonna talk to him."

You frowned at her and grabbed one apple piece. "Why? He's not gonna talk to me, it's clear."

"He's the one who wanted to talk to you." You heard her, but kept gazing at the now flashing television with some random drama playing. It wasn't that you were shocked, you just needed a moment to think how you were going to pass through all of it and stay calm through all of it.