Talk To Us

When they got back from their totally jam packed day of promotion it was about half past eight in the evening. All the boys went their separate ways and started doing their own thing. Doyoung, Winwin and Yuta all went to their room and were supposedly going to bed, but you could hear them jumping up and down from the other end of the corridor. Jungwoo, Johnny, Jaehyun and Taeil all went to play pool at the arcade just down the road. This left Mark, Donghyuck and Taeyong in the lounge playing video games in their pyjamas.

Taeyong and Donghyuck sat on the floor leaning against the couch that Mark was sat on.

Taeyong decided this would be a good time to talk to Donghyuck as he clearly felt comfortable in front of Mark.

"Hey, Donghyuck..." Taeyong said not taking his eyes away from the game. Donghyuck just nodded in response with a slight hum of acknowledgement. "... Are you OK?" Taeyong asked the younger softly.

This question made Donghyuck lose focus and caused his character to die. He stared at the screen for a moment trying to figure out what he should say in response. Should he lie to his hyung so he ought not to be a burden or did he answer truthfully and actually get this pain off his chest.

Taeyong looked at the boy. Mark was now looking between Taeyong and Donghyuck. He wasn't sure how Hyuck was going to answer and this wasn't something Mark could answer for the younger.

"Donghyuck?"Taeyong said not sure if the boy had actually heard him.

" yeah, im fine" the boy answered confidently. He as trying to convince himself that he was OK as well.

"Are you sure, it didn't seem that way earlier?" Taeyong said, he could tell the boy was in pain and he didn't want to pressure him, he was just trying to help.

A single tear escaped down Hyucks cheek, he quickly reacted and wiped it away with his wrist. The boy nodded in response to Taeyong.

Taeyong saw the tear just before Hyuck had wiped it away, an instant look of concern on his face.

Taeyong was the group leader and he felt somewhat responsible for the members, the younger ones in particular. He placed a hand on the youngers shoulder makeing Donghyuck flinch.

Donghyuck was thinking about what had happened. It made him shiver. He had a cold sort of feeling when he thought about it. He looked up at Mark who was sat on the couch behind him. Mark nodded, he knew what Donghyuck was thinking...

'should I tell him.'

Donghyuck turned to Taeyong who was really concerned for the boy.

"I can't sleep." the boy said now looking down at his lap.

"what do you mean?" Taeyong questioned, moving closer beside the boy.

"the other night...something...happened while I was sleeping and I'm scared it will happen again." Donghyuck almost whispered.

"what happened?" Taeyong asked trying to figure out what the boy meant so he could help him.

Donghyuck had had plenty of time to think about this last night, unfortunately it just scared him even more. Donghyuck was really having to try to keep the tears back, he didn't want to cry in front of another hyung.

"I was asleep, and I was fine. But then I felt like I couldn't breath. It was terrifying but I couldn't wake up, it felt like someone had wrapped their hands around my throat and wouldn't let go. That's when..."

The boy suddenly stopped and the tears started to over come him. He could feel his cheeks beginning to dampen, he quickly used his sleave to wipe his cheeks but it was too late, Taeyong had notice the tears that Donghyuck could no longer hold back.

" hey, it's OK, me and Mark are here, nothing's going to happen to you. What happened then?" Taeyong said, lifting the yongers chin so he was looking at him, he used his thumb to wipe another escaping tear, although he knew this was not going to help due to the fact that the tears were just going to continue falling, he was trying his best to comfort the younger.

Taeyong had now moved infront of Donghyuck. Mark was still sitting on the couch watching the two. This was the first time Mark had heard what had actually happened that night.
Donghyuck wipped his cheeks again and continued as he looked down at his lap again.

"th-that's when I started hearing them. Voices, in my head, they were shouting and screaming but I couldn't make out what they were saying. It was just noise. It was like a thousand people were shouting at me."

Donghyuck was now breathing heavier just at the thought of it. Mark now moved to sit beside the the younger on the floor. He took Donghyucks hand in his own. Donghyuck hands were freezing cold. It was like they had been sat in ice for an hour. Mark gently rubbed his hands over Donghyucks in attempt to warm them but comfort the boy at the same time.

Taeyong looked at the younger. He had been thinking about what Donghyuck had said. It made him really worry for the boy. He had never heard anything like this before.

Donghyuck was now a shivering mess, he couldn't stop thinking about it and it felt like it was happening again, and it was terrifying him. He could hear the voices screaming but still couldn't figure out what it was they were saying. He could feel the hands slowly tightening around his throat.

Mark, still with Donghyucks hand in his could feel the boy shaking in his grasp. After a moment of deciding what to do, he put his arm over the boys shoulder and pulled him in close. Mark was scared now and so was Taeyong, who watched as Mark held Donghyuck in his arms.

Almost on cue as Mark pulled Donghyuck into the hug the boys who had been down to the arcade entered the room where the three were sat. Their noise level instantly dropped from 98 to 0 when they saw what was going on.

Taeyong aproched the boys and began to explain what had happened quiet enough that Donghyuck couldn't hear them. Donghyuck hadn't even notice their presence he couldn't hear anything over the screaming in his head.

It felt like it was about to burst. It was when he started hitting himself Mark really became scared, although he didn't let go he looked over to where the other boys were talking, he didn't know what to do. Taeyong noticed the youngers actions and quickly rushed over to the two.

Donghyuck was full on crying, hitting his head trying to get the voices to stop but they were just getting louder and louder, he started to scream a little as he cryed. Why wouldn't they leave him alone?

Taeyong caught Donghyucks next swing and held the boys wrist down to his thigh. Donghyuck struggled in Taeyongs grasp. Mark held Donghyuck tighter to his chest. The other boys just watched, they were all scared for the younger, they all wanted to help but didn't know how.

Donghyuck slowly began to calm down when Mark began to cradle him, swaying side to side, playing with the boys hair while humming a calming melody, Taeyong reluctantly released the boys wrists but when he let go they just rested in his lap. Eventually the boy was asleep in Marks arms.

Johnny walked over and picked up the boy trying not to wake him too much while carrying him to his bed, tucking him in as he slept. Mark and Taeyong refused to leave Donghyuck alone, so they sat in his room all night, taking it in turns to sleep.

Donghyuck slept peacefully that night apart from a short moment when it started happening again but Mark noticed straight away and was instantly at the youngers side, stroking the youngers hand with his thumb wich calmed the boy almost straight away.

--------
Authors note

Hey guys, thanks again for continuing to read this story, I understand that this chapter was much longer than previous ones and was alot more dramatic.
I hope you liked it and will continue to read on.

😊👏❤️