Are You Sure?

As Donghyuck made his way to the dance studio, he could hear the music already blasting out and the squeaking of shoes on the floor. Donghyuck rolled his eyes and smiled.

As he entered the room he saw the boys messing about. Taeyong, Jaehyun, Taeil and Doyoung were actually trying to put some new choreo together for the song they were working on at the moment. Yuta and Winwin were at the back of the room. Yuta was attacking Winwin with hugs as Winwin was trying to struggle free. Jungwoo was sat in the opposite corner of the room texting his boyfriend, how did Donghyuck know? Jungwoo had that cheesy grin on his face that he had every time he was talking to Lucas. There were two people that Hyuck couldn't see what was meant to be there.

Donghyuck went and started warming up in the only empty corner in the room, he kept thinking about what happened last night, and to be honest, he wasn't entirely sure what it was. All he knew was that it was terrifying and he hoped it never happened again.

A few minutes passed and Johnny and Mark walked in laughing at each other's jokes. Mark looked at Donghyuck and was about to go and ask him if he was feeling OK after what had happened the previous night but was cut off when Taeyong called everyone in.

"OK, me Jaehyun, Taeil and Doyoung have put together some choreo for the song and we want to know what you guys think". The boys moved into formation and danced to the first verse and chorus of the song that was playing, after that they stopped. "so what do you all think" Taeyong said looking at the others. The group started discussing different ideas on what to do next and ways to improve the already amazing dance they had come up with.

After a 2 hour-long session, the group decided to go out for breakfast, it was already 9 am but this was normal when they had started the session late.

When at the cafe they all ordered breakfast and sat around a specially arranged table and began eating. Mark had noticed that Donghyuck was particularly quiet compared to normal. Mark tapped the shoulder of the younger, who was sat next to him. Donghyuck jumped slightly at the sudden contact. He was deep in thought.

"Are you OK?" Mark said, looking genuinely concerned for the younger. Donghyuck just nodded and went back to his train of thought. Mark didn't want to pressure Donghyuck so he just left him, although he clearly wasn't OK.

🕚

It was now time for the boys to go to bed, it was 11 pm and they were really tired. They had been busy all day with rehearsal, recording, press etc. It was draining for all of them especially the younger ones.

Donghyuck was scared to go to sleep and Mark could tell by the way he acted when they were all saying goodnight to each other.

Donghyuck had been quiet all day and wouldn't speak to anyone about it, not Taeyong, not Taeil, not Johnny not even Mark and this makes Mark a little worried because normally Donghyuck is a loving, excitable, funny, enthusiastic person. But today he was none of those things. Instead, he was enclosed, shy, quiet, always deep in thought and practically isolating himself. It made Mark really worried.

After everyone had left the lounge, and it was just Mark and Donghyuck, Mark decided to try and approach Hyuck. He placed himself on the seat, next to Hyuck but the younger was too lost in thought to notice. Mark just watched Donghyuck.

It may have seemed creepy from an outsiders perspective but Mark found Donghyuck beautiful even if he would never let anyone know that he did. The way that his hair always looked so good. The way that his tan skin glistened in the light. The way he smiled when he was happy. Mark wanted to see Hyuck smile. He was truly worried about the younger.

"Hyuck..." he paused waiting for a response from the younger. Donghyuck hummed in acknowledgement, though not looking in Marks direction, keeping his gaze on the coffee table. "... Are you OK?"