I'm Here For You

After the boys had managed to grab something from the kitchen to eat quickly, they all got on the mini bus and were ready to go. The bus had 12 seats, enough room for all the boys, one member of security and a driver. The remaining members of the security team had to take another car.

When on the bus, Taeyong sat at the front next to the driver. There were two sets of double seats, two sets of single seats and four seats along the back. At the back sat Donghyuck, Mark, Johnny and Doyoung.

Donghyuck sat next to the window so that it was on his right, Mark sat next to him, then Johnny and then Doyoung by the other window. The boys were all particularly loud on the bus. They were all playing games and singing along to the radio. The two that were reluctant to join in were Mark and Donghyuck. Although Mark wanted to, he could see the younger drifting off slightly but struggling as his elbow of the hand he was trying to rest his head upon, kept slipping from the thin piece of 'window sill'. Mark could tell this was agrivating the boy.

Mark placed his hand on the youngers shoulder to get his attention. Donghyuck looked over at Mark a little confused. Mark tapped his shoulder as a gesture that Donghyuck could rest his head on it. Donghyuck was a little hesitant at first, he knew that when he normally did this it would tend to make Mark mad or annoyed at him. But in the end he decided that it was definatley a more comfortable option.

Mark looked down at Donghyuck who was soon asleep on his shoulder. He couldn't help but smile. Donghyuck was cute when he was sleeping like this. So peaceful and quiet. After he had been asleep for a few moments Mark felt Donghyuck begin to tense up and breathe a little heavier, shivering a little, twitching his a little too. Mark recognised this from the other night and began to panic, none of the other boys noticed this and Mark didn't want them to because it would lead Donghyuck to getting unwanted attention.

Mark reached out for Donghyucks hand and squeezed it.

Almost instantly Donghyuck began to calm down again. Going back to his calm and peaceful slumber. Mark smiled a little. His action had worked, although he wasn't sure how or why? All that mattered was that it worked.

As they continued to drive the boy continued to sleep, some of the other members had noticed and smiled at how cute the younger was.

As they arrived at their destination, Mark was still holding DonghyuckS hand. Donghyuck woke to the sudden stop as the mini bus parked up. When he woke Mark smiled at him, the side of his head where he had been sleeping on Marks shoulder, his hair was a mess. The older quickly brushed it down with his free hand. Donghyuck, still half asleep thanked Mark and proceeded to jump out of the bus. As they got out they let go of each others hand, they didn't want anyone to assume anything was going on between the two becuse there really wasn't. Although both had wished it at some point in their years together,they had never told each other that, and they never planned to.

When inside the boys had to go into a small recording room. They were filming a video with a company called buzzfeed. The game they were playing first was called 'who's who' in wich the boys had to give each other titles like, most stylish, eats the most etc. Donghyuck looked happy playing these games but Mark could tell it was an act as when they finished the game he went back to being quiet again. The rest of the boys just thought he was shy but Mark knew otherwise.

The boys played three different games before leaving the buzzfeed building and traveling to their next destination.

On the way there Donghyuck was a little more with it, playing along with the boys and singing along tot he songs. Mark smiled at this. Seeing Donghyuck happy made him happy.

Donghyuck looked at Mark and saw him smiling at him. He smiled back and returned to the game they were all playing.

🕛

At about 12,they all decided to go out for lunch. As they are eating Donghyuck pulled Mark away from the others.

When they are at a different table on the other side of the restruant Donghyuck starts to break down a little. Mark just grabed his hand and handed him a napkin from the dispenser. Hyuck giggled a little at this.

"I'm scared Mark.. " Donghyuck said quietly as he calmed down so he could get his words out.

"about what?" Mark asked him furrowing his seagull brows. He squeezed the youngers hand who looked up at him.

"sleeping. Im scared that what happened the other night will happen again and it scares me. I didn't sleep at all last night because of it." Donghyuck said a tear escaping down his cheek.

Mark squeezed his hand again as a sign that he was there for him.

"Hyuckie...if you want to talk we can... But you don't have to im not going to pressure you into anything. Just know im here for you if you need me."he squeezed Hyucks hand again.

Donghyuck looked up at Mark and smiled.

They made there way back to the table where the others were finishing up after Hyuck and calmed down some more.

Taeyoung looked at Donghyuck and could see the red stain in his eyes. He looked over to Mark,

" is he OK" he mouthed. Mark sort of nodded but still had a sad and kind of worried expression plastered to his face. Taeyoung decided to leave it at that for now, he could check on the younger himself when the others weren't around.

As the boys packed up and left, Donghyuck went back to being happy, he thought he might as well not worry about what was to come when he finally needed to sleep. And he would do it for the others. He didn't want to be an extra burden, their lives were busy enough already.

----------
Authors note

Hey, again, thanks for reading. I've kind of got an idea of where I'm going with this now and I think you will ell enjoy it, although I expect some of you will feel like throwing whatever device you are reading on across the room at one point or another. I hope you enjoy.

😊👏❤️