Until Then

Taehyung P.O.V

Tae hasn't gotten a millisecond of sleep. After he walked out of the guest bedroom he decided he couldn't possibly go back to his shared bed with Bogum. So he took refuge in his favorite spot. His giant bean bag chair planted in the living room, giving him a perfect view of that beautiful painting. The one that Taehyung is never going to be able to look at the same way.

FLASHBACK - 7 years ago

"Taetae seriously? What do you need with that giant bean bag?"

"Kookie! It's perfect. Look how versatile it is!!" Tae said proudly while showing off all of the different ways he can sit or lay on the giant chair.

Jungkook immediately busted out his phone and began recording Tae's ridiculous modeling session. It always made him laugh how enthusiastic his best friend got over the smallest things.

"You're ridiculous"

"I know but you love me for it!" Tae giggles as he throws the chair into the shopping cart

Jungkook felt a slight blush on his face as he whispers "you're right"

Except he didn't know Tae heard it. I love you too.

END FLASHBACK

Tae just ran his fingers throw his hair and gripped tight as he brought his knees to his chest. He knew he made the right choice but why does he feel like he's dying.

I guess I deserve this huh.
I cheated.
Twice.
I kissed my husband than practically ran down into Jungkook's arms.
I deserve this pain.
I don't deserve happiness.
Jungkook deserves someone better.

Tae fell asleep hugging his knees with tear stained cheeks that night.

Jungkook P.O.V

He heard it. The guest room door was closed but he still heard it. The muffled cries from the living room. He was about to go out there until a voice stopped him

"Don't do it again, Jungkook"

His heart stopped when he saw Hoseok sitting up with his arms crossed

"H-Hobi... I-" Jungkook is immediately cut off by Hoseok walking towards him and embracing him in a soft but firm hug.

"Jungkook-ah, I'm so sorry. I had no idea. If I had known I never would've put you through this." Hoseok feels his own heart breaking. Hearing the words that his maknae said crushed him to pieces. What hurt more was knowing without a doubt that if there wasn't already a ring on Taehyung's left hand—Tae would have chose  Jungkook.

Jungkook backs out of the hug and shakes his head "no, don't say that. No matter how much pain is in me right now, this has been the best weekend of my existence. Had I not come, I would've went my whole life not knowing what it felt like to be loved by him.." Jungkook whispers, embarrassed by how desperate he sounds but meaning every word

Hoseok just smiles and gets up, ruffling the younger's hair "Jungkook, you've always been loved by him... I'm sorry it took you this long to find out..."

Yoongi's P.O.V

Yoongi didn't get sleep either. His mind was racing since he left Jungkook standing outside. Call him awful for wishing divorce unto Tae and Bogum but damn it Yoongi always wanted those two idiots together. They're made for one another and everyone knows that.

Why is the world so cruel huh? Why can't you just let them be fucking happy? Yoongi thinks while staring at the ceiling talking to no one in particular.