Coward

Taehyungs P.O.V

For a split moment, Taehyung considered hopping on a plane and going to this dinner

For a split moment, Taehyung considered hopping on a plane and going to this dinner. He really did miss all of his hyungs. He dreamt of their times together often and unbeknownst to him—there were many nights where Bogum would wake up to Tae's tears as he apologized to his members. One of them in particular.. but Bogum never pestered his husband about the dreams. Even though he wanted to see them, Taehyung was too scared. Afterall it's his fault they separated. He was selfish, unable to control his own emotions so he just ran away, like a coward.

FLASHBACK Okinowa Beach Japan 2019

"Hey Kookie, what do you think about love?"

"What? What do you mean V hyung?"

Jungkook and V were lying down on the beach after getting Ramen.. about to head back to their hotel where their hyungs were surely waiting for them.

"I dunno, have you ever felt it? We've been doing this whole idol thing since we were kids..I just wonder if we ever miss out on the simpler things sometimes." Tae started blushing as he looked up at the boy who's lap he was resting his head on. "Meh, forget I asked. Just silly thoughts. I must be watching too many movies." V nervously laughs as he sits up and begins dusting the sand off of his pants.

"Well, we should probably head back don't you think?"

Jungkook is confused and wants to know what's on V's mind.. but he also knows better than to dig for information that V isn't wanting to share.

"Yeah, I guess we should."

END FLASHBACK

A damn coward. That's what I've always been. Feeling a sudden burst of confidence, he decides to reply to Jimin, for the first time, in four years.

Proud of himself for responding to a text, his heart stopped whenever he saw his phone lighting up for a face-time with none other than Park Jimin

Proud of himself for responding to a text, his heart stopped whenever he saw his phone lighting up for a face-time with none other than Park Jimin. Well, can't back away now can I?

Taehyung reluctantly picks up the call, praying that a certain maknae wasn't nearby.

"H-hello" he stutters