Together Through the Storm

Friday at 6:00 A.M

Taehyung's P.O.V

It has been a restless night for Tae. Randomly pacing the house, checking that all of the guest rooms are fully furnished... quadruple checking the kitchen knowing all of his ex-bandmates are pigs. Finally, making sure that his box of things related to BTS and Jungkook is safely tucked away. Bogum doesn't even know of Tae's box. It's not that he's necessarily hiding it from him.. it's just that he doesn't want to explain why he's holding on to silly things. Before placing the box in it's hiding spot in the guest bedroom closet—Tae decides to open it up. Looking through various items: the key-chains from Bon Voyage trips. Polaroids of henna tattoos and good food. One of Seokjin's autographed "worldwide handsome" head shots. Little trinkets gifted from fans over the years...but it's the bracelet that catches his eye. The blue bracelet with two little tassels on the end.

Flashback: 7 years ago

"Happy Birthday, hyung!" Jungkook hands Tae a small white box

"Kookie, I told you I didn't want any presents." Pouting, trying to hide his excitement that Jungkook still got him a present anyway

"Well as your best friend, it's my duty to always make sure you have a present to open on your birthday. So open it!"

Without another word Tae opens the box to see a small blue bracelet, braided with two tassels on the end. Taehyung loves jewelry, all kinds. He especially loves how this one is so delicate, you can tell the person that braided it by hand took their time.

"Jungkook-ah! It's so cute, thank you!" flashing his notorious boxy smile at his bestfriend, it growing even wider when Jungkook proudly shows off the same bracelet on his own wrist.

"M-matching??" Tae says questionably

"Mhmm, that way even when we're on holiday or if you're somewhere I can't reach you and you need a hug. It's like I'm hugging your wrist!" Jungkook says happily, not even realizing that his kind gesture made tears trickle down the olders face

"I love it, best birthday present ever!"

END FLASHBACK

It really was the best birthday present I've ever gotten. Tae smiles and places the bracelet back in the box. When he hears Bogum moving around in the hallway. Quickly he decides to just shove the box under the bed.

"Tae? Where are you?"

"In here Bogumie! I'm just making sure all of the guest rooms are ready!"

"You're really excited huh?" Bogum smiles at his husband who looks so cute folded up on the floor in his cartoon pajamas "The sun isn't even up yet baby...why don't you get some rest, mm?"

Tae just shakes his head "I couldn't sleep if I tried. I'm so nervous...what do I even say? Hey sorry I up and left, causing us all to give up our careers and never talking to you guys for four years."

Bogum frowns at his husbands worried tone. "Tae, they aren't flying all the way here to scold you. Surely you know that. They miss you, that's all. You miss them too. Be excited!" leaning down to kiss his husbands disheveled golden blonde locks. "Bad news though, I won't be able to greet them with you. We have to fly to Seoul to do some shots at a famous park for the upcoming drama episode. I'm so sorry baby"

Taehyung really hoped his husband would be there to coach him through what is sure to be an eventful weekend—but he understands. Bogum is still a very successful actor and MC. "Don't be sorry, this is usual for us. At least this time I will have company, right?" Tae smiles softly at his husband before finally getting up and leaving the room.