21

"Your meager coldness cannot surpass my winter."

"This feeling...I actually feel cold." The raven thought frighteningly. Coldness seeped into his innards like a freezing fog making it's way into his bones and wrapping around his brain like a wet blanket. The frigid air penetrated his skin, chilling his blood, sinking into the marrow of his body like wet concrete.

Gray stood up and narrowed his eyes at his foe. Stealing a quick glance at his still frozen comrades behind, he came to a conclusion he needed to save them. "Ice make...Ice Impact!" He creates an intricately-designed hammer made of ice, which he brought down onto Invel, bringing a great impact—

The member of the Twelve simply raised his hand, blocking the attack. "Ice Creation Magic." Invel said mildly surprised. "That explains your resistance to cold."

Gray stood incredulous as he watched the blue haired man freeze his spell with ease and shatter it, causing little reflective glass-like shards to crumble on the ground.

"I am a genuine ice wizard

"I am a genuine ice wizard." The Alvarez soldier stated monotonously. "I don't create things from ice, I freeze everything with ice. Your Make Magic is nothing more than an inferior derivative."

"Then how about this power?" Gray taunted, raising his right arm in the air. "I inherited it from my father to slay devils!"

Black markings crawled up from from his right arm and spread to his entire right side. Tremendously strong aura bursted out of the raven, augmenting his magical power significantly.

"Ice Devil: Zero long sword!" The raven created a ethereal long sword from his palms that he uses to slash at Invel, inflicting a deep cut into his body

Caught off guard, the blue haired man takes severe damage from the attack. 'That power robs him of his mind...' Invel thought. "It seems devil-hunting humans lose control of their thoughts."

With his sword still in hand, he tried striking Invel once more. Gray leaped forward but this time, he quickly interjected it. His face gives the Fairy Tail mage a rather amused look as he froze the entire area with one motion. In a moment, the world became a snow-globe, one of those Christmas time ornaments children love to shake up and watch the flakes swirl in unseen currents. The blizzard came with nature's determination, that primal force that conquers until its energy is released.