19

(Recap: Fairy Tail was getting rebuilt. Everyone was working hard in the construction, excited to have their guild hall back. On top of that, Erza was titled as the seventh guild master or at least temporarily until Master comes back. Mest shows them his memories with infiltrating the Council for information on the Western continent and the reason why Makarov disbanded the guild and left off to Alvarez Empire. Team Natsu succeeds their grand operation by rescuing Makarov)

**********

~At the guild~

"So you can fly now?!" Natsu asked in shocked.

"Levitate." Alexa corrected, taking a sip of her drink. "And yes, I can. It saps most of my magical power in literally a few seconds so I don't even use it in actual fights—"

"Wow! Fight me and show me!" The cherry blossom haired shouted with fiery determined eyes. His fists coated in his flames and ready to fight here and now.

'Didn't he hear what I just said?' She sighed exasperatedly and looked at him with a closed eye smile. "I don't want to fight you, Natsu—"

"But it's the only way!" The fire dragon slayer retaliated childishly.

"Wrong." Gray said as he joined the conversation and wrapped his arms around the brunette from behind. "There's three ways to do things; the right way, the wrong way and the Natsu way." He had set his head on her shoulder and opened his mouth.

Alexa, knowing what he wants, took a fry from her plate and popped it in his mouth. The sky mage then smiled and pressed her body against his strong chest. "Isn't that just the wrong way?"

"Yeah." He said as he lowered his head at her direction and held her gaze for a moment as a smirk tugged on his lips. "But faster."

"I'm smart!" Natsu argued, crossing his arms childishly in front of him with a slight pout.

Gray made a weird noise as the brunette realized he was trying not to laugh—which by the way, wasn't working.

The brunette turned her full attention to the ice wizard as Natsu left to go see Lucy. "Did you need anything?"

He smiled down at her. "I wanna take you somewhere."

The sky mage's blood wakes up her brain, though she thought herself already awake. Her smile grows of its own accord and she can either let him see what he ignited or hide it, either way, he's the most fun thing in her world. She nodded excitedly and let herself get pulled by Gray's hand as he led the way through the streets of the village. Alexa felt like every fiber of her being was vibrating with anticipation. Adrenaline was coursing through her veins.

**********

Finally reaching their destination, she gasped excitedly as her eyes fell on an already full blown hot air balloon. "Oh my god..."

Alexa has dreamed about hot air ballooning for years. As a child, it seemed like a great adventure. As a kid, a romantic hope and then as a teenager, a thrilling chance to see the world. She leans over the edge of the basket with a smile she hasn't felt since childhood. The ascension was soothing and thrilling. The dreamlike floating sensation teased them from
the earth. Watching everything disappear beneath you was breathtaking. Gray controlled the transport to guide them closer to the sun. She admired the sunset at the horizon, spreading its largess into a grateful sky. Rich hues of red blended with oranges, purples, crimsons. Alexa's spirit soared at the sight as he was transported into a timeless existence, ready for the protective blanket of night and new dreams. The yellow ball of fire changed to hues of orange, and then almost tangerine. It merged with the sky, like juice-mix dissolving in a glass of water. The clouds were cotton-candy, as though they blushed at the warm touch of the sun. Silhouettes of birds flew home across a sky that was now magenta; and the sun was half into the water, but its reflection in the sea made it look complete. The mauve of the dusky sky intensified.