1

*In this story, Gildarts is not Cana's dad*

**********

The elder man took the young girl harshly by her hair and carried her off the ground, holding her only by her locks. "What do you think you're doing, little girl?" He yelled, his tone so loud it could be heard across the entire village.

"I-I'm sorry!" The young girl squirmed in the air. "I just needed some bread..."

"You stupid theif!" He slapped the kid across the face, a big red mark appeared on her cheek, swelling it up.

"I-I'm terribly sorry..." She apologized again, pleading for mercy. Her hair felt like it was going to get ripped out of her skull as she quietly sobbed.

"Shut up!" He raised his hand to slap her once again. The little girl shut her eyes, bracing herself. But when she didn't feel anything for a few seconds, her eyes fluttered open out of curiosity. "What the fuck?" The man asked, annoyed that his beating was interrupted.

The young girl noticed a heavy built man standing in front of her, her eyes wandered to his hand, which ultimately stopped the bread man's fist. "Oi." Gildarts warned in an intimidating tone."Pick on someone your on size, will ya?"

"How dar-" His lips parted and his eyes widened. The man's body suddenly collapsed to the ground, shaking uncontrollably like he was having a seizure.

It's true, Gildarts was a very destructive man. But he wasn't less than three feet away from him, so he was certain he didn't do anything. Judging by the way he was clutching his chest where his heart is, he immediately knew that it was a heart attack. The man suddenly stopped breathing and his body was unconscious.
Gildarts looked around to see any witnesses, but since it was so early, there was not even a single bystander in sight.

The S class wizard took the young girl's hand tightly in his and started to run off. "Let's go!"
The girl obeyed and sprinted beside him, keeping up with the unknown man with her tiny little legs. Once they reached somewhere safe, they both stopped to take their breaths.

"Sorry about that, kiddo...just wanted to...make sure...no one saw us... and mistaken us for killing him."  He said between pants, taking her time to catch his breath.

The young girl simply stared at him.

"C'mon, I'll wake you home." He suggested.

A small smile appeared on her features and she bowed a little. "A-Alright. Thank you."

The little brunette grabbed his hand and started to make her way home. Gildarts didn't seemed to mind it, in fact, her hand was so tiny he was scared he might shatter it in a matter of seconds. But her touch felt so...familiar. Like he was certain, so certain he's met this young kid before. It was now that he realized they were walking out of the village and into the forest. Gildarts decided to walk in silence as he followed her. He didn't feel like staying, but he still couldn't just let a little kid walk home by herself. After a pretty long walk, she stopped in front of a small and ragged tent.

"T-This is where you live?" He asked.
She slowly nodded. Her light brown curls bouncing slightly.

"Alright. Just stay put and wait for your parents, I guess..." He said, turning on his heel and started to walk away.