15

Team Natsu, particularly Gray and Natsu, received a job request from one of the ten saints. Considering the importance and the status of the person, they gladly accepted it. Alexa chose to stay behind for this one, not in the mood to go out just yet. She apologized timidly and went back to her room. Later that day, they came back very late at night. So everyone was already fast asleep. Well, mostly everyone. Alexa Skywalker was still fully awake, lying down in bed, looking at the ceiling and awaiting time to pity her and finally let her sleep— the usual these past few nights.

"Alexa." Erza repeated for the tenth time. She had been standing by her doorframe knocking repeatedly for a few minutes. The redhead gave up and had kicked the door down. She gasped incredulously when she saw that Alexa wasn't the least bit fazed by her sudden barge and didn't seem to acknowledge her.

"You guys are already back?" The brunette kicked the thick comforter out of her way and hopped out of bed, her brown hair in a tangly mess and her eyes clouding for sleep. "That was fast!"

Erza's eyes narrowed in suspicion and worry. "I-It's been the whole day, Alexa..."

'Has it been really been that long?' The sky mage wondered to herself, scrunching her face in thought as she tried to remember the hour they all left. "So what are you doing here?" The brunette questioned, hoping to change the subject immediately.

The redhead's face changed from worried to serious, remembering the reason she came here. She walked over to the mattress and patted the space beside her. "You might want to take a seat for this one."

The sky mage reluctantly obeyed and placed herself on the requip mage's side, eyes brimming with curiosity. "What is it?"

She then explained everything that happened in Sun village. From the giants, the ice, seeing Minerva, Atlas Flame, Flare, E.N.D and the saint actually being one of Fairy Tail's founders. "Atlas flame mentioned something— E.N.D, a powerful demon from the Books of Zeref."

'Not this shit again. It's always Zeref this, Zeref that, could you give us a break?' Alexa ranted, but urged her thoughts to herself.

The redhead cleared her throat and continued when she noticed Alexa slowly drifting away from the conversation, telling the most important part of her story. "E.N.D might have some hints about Grandine, Metallicana and Igneel's whereabouts. The only problem is...the enemy might have possession of it's book."

"Who?" The blue eyed woman questioned.

"The gates of Tartarus." Erza stood up and circled around her room, her armour clanking against each other. "Of course, it might not be one hundred percent sure— Alexa? Are you okay?"

The brunette's face paled upon hearing those four words. Everything wasn't okay. Hendrickson's final words spiralled her ever since his death. Ever since that day, the brunette's mind couldn't shake the thought out. People noticed, of course. But they all assumed it had to do with grieving her parents, so they never asked about it. She didn't know what the gates of Tartarus were, but she had this uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach she couldn't figure out. Those words haunted her in her sleep. Was he bluffing? Do these so called gates even exist? Were they just meaningless made up words he mumbled to make her wonder her whole life— to go out unforgotten? Now that she knows this is legit, Alexa trembled and felt the hair on her body prickle up in fear. The blue eyed woman took a few minutes to keep her composure and stay calm, which Erza let her have. "Yeah." She managed to choke out. "Who are they?"