Chapter Forty-One: Fair Kisses

Start from the beginning

The first thing I saw when the trees started disappearing was a Ferris wheel. I soon then started to see a lot of other rides and that is when I realized where we are.

“Gavin is taking me to the fair?”

“He is actually taking you, Thomas, and most probably Garrett. But, yeah you are going to the fair.”

I let out a small squeal. The last time I went to the fair was when I was Thomas’ age. So excuse me if I was a little excited.

Ben’s car came into a slow halt as he stopped the car, turning of the engine. I watched as people on all ages walked towards the entrance of the fair.

“Do you want me to pick you up, later?” Ben asked, as Thomas and I got out of the car.

I shook my head, “Nah its fine. I will probably get Gavin to drop us back home or something.”

Ben nodded his head, “Okay. But, if anything happens. Call me.”

“What’s the worst that could happen? A meteor comes out of nowhere and strikes Alice and I?” Thomas questioned, coming over to stand next to me.

“You know what? Maybe it is best if I just hang out with you guys and Gavin.” Ben said, moving his hand to take off his seatbelt.

I shook my head, “No. Ben,” I began, softly. “You have to learn to trust us, well me. And you have to learn to ignore Thomas.”

“I ignore you all the time, you ignoring me doesn’t bother me.” My brother said, walking away from the car and towards the entrance of the fair.

“But it’s my job, Alice. You once told me that I wasn’t doing my job as a bodyguard.”

“That was a long time ago.” I defended.

“That was the first day of school.” He replied.

“Look, your father trusts me. Please, if anything happens you will call me. Got it?”

I nodded my head, closing the door of his car. “Got it, Ben.”

He nodded, “Good. Now have fun.”

I smiled, as he began to roll up the passenger seat window. I took a few steps away from the car, as Ben started up the engine.

I liked Ben. But, I did not like like him, like how I did with Gavin. Sure, I wasn’t going to lie. If I was a normal girl and didn’t think of Ben as a brother and as my cousin’s ex. I am pretty sure I would fall for him.

“So are we going to just stand here all day or are we going to go find your lover?” Thomas asked interrupting my thoughts.

“I thought you went to the entrance, why are you back?”

“Because it would be awkward if I just went up to your lover and started talking to him.” He replied.

“He’s not my lover.”

“Sorry, I meant your boyfriend.” Thomas said, correcting himself with a satisfied grin on his face.

“I am one minute away from hurting you.”

“And I am one comment away from sending you over the edge.” He replied, as I narrowed my eyes at him. “Never mind. I can see I already drove you over the edge.”

“Let’s go,” I said, tugging Thomas’ sleeve as we walked towards the line of people waiting to get in. “Why is there a fair in the middle of the week, anyways? Let alone in April.”

“It’s Tuesday. It’s not the middle of the week, yet.” Thomas said, correcting me. “And it’s because it is the month of Easter! You know what Easter is, do you?”