Everyone looked at Vanessa as she nonchalantly started to cut herself a piece of ham. "You shouldn't blame liberals for the closing of nuclear plants, blame the republicans. Trumps admin actually signed off on using fossil fuels instead of nuclear power which is the reason plants worldwide are shutting down. So, it's actually the righties you should be throwing your complaints at, not a nineteen year old college student." She stuck a fork into her Mac n Cheese and ate it silently, basically knowing she had won.

Henry huffed and shifted in his spot. "Yeah? Where'd you learn that missy?"

Vanessa wiped her mouth with a smile. "I major in political science. We had a whole unit about this exact thing." I felt a smile creep onto my lips as she shrugged softly, taking a sip of her wine. Jesus she was so... so fucking cool and just ugh goddamit. Her eyes moved to me and she smirked, winking slyly before dropping her head to start eating.

"I see what you mean now." Jasmine whispered. I looked over at her and she nodded. "I see why you would be in love with her I mean.."

"In love? No no, just in like." I corrected and she nodded, grabbing her glass and taking a sip. "I'm serious. It's definitely just like."

"Okayyy." She trailed off teasingly. "I see why you would be in like with her." I gave her a look and she giggled. "Eat."

So I did. After that small conversation, everyone fell into their own and no shots were fired, so that's good. I tended to just silently eat and listen to everyone else talk because I hated eating and talking at the same time. I don't know how people did it.

"Oh yeah, she's in a frat." I heard Vivian say and suddenly four pairs of eyes were on me.

"You're in a what?" Mom.

"Frats are for guys." Henry.

"I really do have a son." Dad.

"So dope." Sam.

I watched them all throw questions at me and I slyly grabbed Jasmines glass and took a sip for myself. When they finished, I lowered the glass and cleared my throat. "No the hazing wasn't too bad, just weird. The cops have not been called to the house. Yes, I am a girl in a frat. And I'm not answering that Sam."

She shrugged. "It's a reasonable question."

My mom sat up and shook her head. "How does that work? Is it because you were born with a penis?"

"No, well sort of? I don't know. I'm friends with the president and he said him and the boys would love it if I joined, so I joined." I finished with a shrug.

"Wow. That is so cool. I was in a sorority, best time of my life." Megan said with a small smile.

"Jas is in a sorority as well." I mentioned, lowkey trying to get the attention off of me and I knew Jas thrived with attention. So, she wouldn't mind.

"Yep. Tri Delta strong." Megan gasped and started to talk about how that was her sorority at Mizzou.

I smiled and turned to my food again, only to catch eyes on me. She nodded her head to the side and held up 'five' before standing up and excusing herself for the bathroom. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Did she want me to come see her? Or was she waving?

Then my phone buzzed.

Vanessa: I figured you'd be your dumb self. Come in five minutes, Stanford.

Ohhh okay, that makes sense. But... why did she want me to come?

My leg bounced nervously as I kept glancing at Vivian who was talking with Sam. Would she notice? Only two spots were missing and she would easily be able to pick us out. Oh god what if she started to question everything, like why we were missing? If we've gone missing before? If we've kissed before?