Eldia

At the arranged time you knocked at your hosts' door. On the doorstep you and Heinrich were met by a brown-haired, green-eyed young woman with a huge round stomach.

"Agnes." She introduced herself.

Heinrich pulled out a bottle of champagne from his backpack, which he bought from the shop a few minutes ago, and gallantly presented it to Agnes.

"A pity you won't be able to try it, aunt Agnes." He winked at her. "I'm willing to bet that it's a boy in there! My mother had a way of telling: if the stomach is round, it will be a boy. But if it's a girl, it's pear-shaped."

"I would be good if it's a boy." She gave a pale smile. "A provider."

"A defender." Heinrich laughed.

"Come on in. Your Uncle will be here in a moment. There, if you want to wash your hands..... the toilet."

Your host Karl Jürden came back from work with the former Republican Lieutenant Constantine. Darting avid and curious looks at you. He you invited you into a charming little room, sat you on a folding sofa, rubbing his hands, and poured you all clean little spirit glasses of his special tea with a secret.

"Well, how do you like it here ? In Liberio."

"It's remarkable." You admitted.

"And the people of Hizuru call us evil and barbaric. But we were the ones who freed the world from that Devil-Race [Eldians]" Karl Jürden wrinkled up his face funnily and tossed back a little glass. "We have seen such great changes in this world ! After Helos freed us all." He turned towards a picture, exactly the same as the one in the school classroom. "And by the way, the program for accepting immigrants is being expanded here!"

"Is that for the Marleyan army ?" You asked.

"And for that too. By the way, you can't even imagine how many volunteers are arriving from foreign countries ! Many with families. We have two new children in the class just this month alone. I have to admit; the rejection of nationalism was an idea of absolute genius. I don't know about you, but I'd like to drink to the leaders of Marley."

"For Marley!" Heinrich rose smartly to his feet.

Even Agnes touched a glass to her lips. It was awkward for you not to drink. And you drank.

"So you are saying that Marley is starting to allow mixed marriages. Then what about the Eldians?!" You questioned.

"What is there to talk about them ?" Heinrich said.

"Yes, Marley is allowing mixed marriages but for Eldians there aren't humans. They are descendants of the Devil." Karl Jürden replied.

You nodded at him and remained quiet. They kept talking about how Marley is a great nation that will lead humanity to a better future. Karl Jürden was drunk talking about nationalism and his love for Marley. Even though he said it himself that "The rejection of nationalism was an idea of absolute genius." As for Constatine he remained quiet just like you observing.

"Constatine don't be like that drink with us, my friend." Karl Jürden said offering him a glass.

Mr.Constatine blinked, but he agreed to drink.

At the edge of your eye you saw Agnes. She wasn't eating she wasn't listening to the conversation. Her arms were embracing and protecting the large, round stomach. Seeing her like that reminded you Annie.

"So you are saying that the Marleyan Army will no longer require the powers of the titans in the future." Karl Jürden spoke.

"Yes Uncle, the Armored titan was fatally injured during the last day of Marley and Middle-East war." Heinrich stated.