Segen Leonhardt

"Segen Leonhardt ? Segen is acceptable but why did you choose Leonhardt instead of your sacred family name ?" Edward questioned. As he sat on the chair.

Y/N : I have no longer have the right to bear my family name.

Edward : Why ?!

" I committed a great sin [Made a deal with Nameless/Verduc] so it's better to go by Leonhardt." You spoke. You went and sat next to Annie and gave her the baby. The look on Annie's face as she gazed upon your son was the happiest you had seen her in a long, long time.

"I'll leave you three for a bit to get to know your son while I make some soup" Edward said smiling softly. And then he left the room.

"I feel at a loss for words, i can't even describe how it feels. " she chuckled a little.

"I understand." There were no words to describe the moment, how she had fought to bring your son into the world. You couldn't help but respect her more. It hadn't been pretty and most certainly wasn't for the faint of heart, it was the most blood you had seen since you came to this world.

You held her closer to yourself, Annie leaned on your shoulder. "You should feel proud of yourself, you did something amazing today, you were very strong."

She smiled tiredly. "I didn't feel strong, thank you," she yawned a little.

"Why don't you let me take him, you should sleep." you said.

She sighed. "I know you're right, I just don't want to stop looking at him." she traced a finger over their sleeping son's cheek.

"He'll be here when you wake up." you told her.

"Okay baby Segen, time to go to Daddy because mommy is tired." Annie whispered, handing him over to you. He made a few soft noises but kept sleeping.

Even though he was apparently very large for a newborn baby, he seemed so tiny to you. You could cradle him comfortably in one arm. You looked at Annie and she had already closed her eyes and started sleeping, it was the quickest you would ever seen her fall asleep.

"Commander Y/N, Mr.Freudenberg [Marlowe] and Mrs.Dreyse are here." Phoenix spoke quietly.

Y/N : Tell them to stay in downstairs.

Phoenix : Understood.

It was a special moment for you, few years ago you had no idea that you would be holding your newborn son next to your sleeping wife. Segen was so small and pure, his heart was white as snow maybe even more brighter. In the teachings of the Lord Emperor, he mentioned that the children are the purest beings in this world.

"No matter the cost ! I will protect my family from any danger that lingers at our doorstep" you spoke quietly.

You put your son next to his sleeping mother and kissed Annie on her forehead." Thank you for bringing our son to this world" you whispered and walked to the door. You slowly closed the door and headed downstairs.

You entered into the living room and saw Marlowe sitting on sofa. "Good afternoon Marlowe and where is Mrs.Dreyse?" You asked.

Marlowe : She is in the kitchen, helping Mr.Edward.

Y/N : I see.

Marlowe : How is your wife and child.

"Both of them are fine nothing to worry about." You said.

Marlowe : Good to hear that sir and about your return. The military high-ups wants to meet with you personally.

-A few weeks later-