Storm

In the middle of the night, you woke up to Annie screaming and thrashing wildly.

"Annie" you whispered softly, trying to shake her from whatever nightmare she seemed trapped in without scaring her. She seemed to hear your voice but was too focused on whatever she was screaming about. You said her name again.

Y/N : Annie, what's wrong ?

She gasped and sat up straight in the bed but she seemed to still be dreaming. She grabbed hold of you suddenly, shuddering and shaking the entire time.

"They took away my husband and now they are trying to take my son." she whispered to herself, shaking violently. Suddenly Phoenix flew rushing into the room.

Phoenix : It's happening again, sir !

Y/N : Please leave the room, Phoenix. Let me handle this.

When she finally came to her senses you sat up and pulled her with closer to you, drawing her to your chest. She rested her cheek against your chest, eyes still wide and remembering her nightmares. You ran a hand down her back.

Y/N : It's okay ! No one is going to take our child.

"So your return wasn't a dream after all ..." she whispered.

"I suppose, yes" you agreed.

Annie : You had always looked after me . You even risked your life many times just for me and even died for me !

Y/N : Annie ! That's enou-

Annie : I think ........... I think I must be the biggest problem in your life . Maybe I doesn't deserved to be your wife-

"Nothing about you is wrong, you are my only family I have now. What matters is that we are here, in our home together ! So stop thinking about those negative thoughts " you said to her in a serious tone. She let out a shuddering sigh and you knew she'd snapped out of whatever she was dealing with. She started to cry. You didn't say anything, you just held her while she cried. Her sobs slowed and she pulled away from you. She rubbed at her red eyes.

"I'm sorry, now you must be thinking that me as crybaby." she took in a shaky breath.

"No not at all. But you are my beloved crybaby" you covered her tiny hand
with your large hand, running you hand over it. She sat quietly for a moment and suddenly ran a hand over a big scar on your chest.

Annie : Every scar tells a story.

Y/N : There isn't much story about it.

She placed your hand on her belly, you looked at the window. You heard the cold howling wind hitting the window and snow storm was raging outside, blizzard maybe. You turned your sight back on Annie, she was shivering and got attached to your warm body.

Y/N : Phoenix ! What happened to the heating system.

Phoenix : Due to the blizzard it stopped working but I'm working on it. You don't have to worry about it.

Y/N : Okay then.

Annie lied back on the bed inviting you to join her. "It's really cold here, let's warm each others body, my dear " she said. Soon you joined her and started kissing each other.

-In the morning-

You woke up before Annie and kissed her on the forehead. You headed to downstairs, prepared yourself a nice little breakfast and asked Phoenix " Where is that shovel and Republican snow gears ? "

Phoenix : What for ?

Y/N : Come on ! I need to clear the walkways from last night's snowfall.

Phoenix : Cabin downstairs and there will be a box with Republican emblem next to the heat generator.

You took the shovel and some other snow removal tools. When you opened your front door, snow came in.

Y/N : *sigh* It's gonna be one hell of a job.

After you cleared the snowfall of the walkways, you saw ice dams hanging. "Even these things can kill a man.'' You said and started removing them. And then you heard someone coming down, you can hear the creaking of the steps as she makes her way down. So you decided enter your home and meet with Annie.

-Annie's POV-

Annie woke up the next morning to an empty bed. She sprawled all over and messed up all the sheets. She almost always woke up alone during those past 2 months. But now her husband Y/N is here, so she really happy about it . She smiled seeing dust particles in the sunlight streaming through the skylight.

Annie : It's rather a nice day.

She got up and opened her closet. She rather enjoyed dressing herself and clothes. After finished dressing herself she went into their kitchen and started boiling water. Annie sat down and pulled out a book that she recently started reading few days ago.

Y/N walked in from outside and started pouring hot tea into their cups. Annie smiled when Y/N leaned in to kiss her.

Annie : Is it cold outside, my dear ?

Y/N : No, it's kinda warm outside.

Annie : Liar !

Y/N : *Chuckles* or perhaps you can check it by yourself, my love.

Y/N acted really normal like nothing happened but she could tell he still felt shaken by how upset she had been last night.

Y/N : What are you reading there ?

Annie : Oooh this ? Phoenix gave me this, it's really good.

-Your POV-

Annie : Phoenix gave me this book.

Y/N : Wait what ?

You asked Annie to inspect the book. She handed it over to you the title book was in Imperial Language saying "Love of the Knight" You gave the book back to Annie and turned your head around to see Phoenix.

Y/N : Flying ball !

Phoenix : I have nothing to do with it, sir ! Mrs.Leonhardt insisted on learning our language.

Y/N : Wha- ........... How was she ?

Phoenix : Perfectly excellent, sir !

You turned your focus back on Annie and smiled at her . "Well I don't have no rights to hold you back but ...... ah..... I you know like that ...... There will be no use of imperial language here. " you said to her. And then grabbed your hand while smiling, she pulled out a notebook saying " I'm glad that you understand and there few words that I can't make it out " she showed you the list of words.

Y/N : It's gonna be fun !

Annie : I hope so.

Phoenix : I think I should leave you two.

You ordered Phoenix to stay but Phoenix ignored your order. When Annie told Phoenix to stay, Phoenix simply obeyed her. You gave Phoenix a serious glare while whispering "Traitor !"

End of chapter 38