Jin ♡ Merman | Part 2

Start from the beginning

***

We'd been swimming for a while when I saw we came to a huge shining underwater city.

"Here we are." Jin smiled. "My home."
I marveled at the bright city. Jin brought me through the front gates and into the city. I heard gasps and felt eyes on me. I saw many bystanders staring at us in awe. I heard whispers from merpeople lining the streets.

"Who is that?"
"I've never seen her before."

I felt shy being the center of attention.

"It's okay." Jin whispered.
I nodded.

He pulled me down the street until we got to this incredible mansion.

"Here's my place." He beamed.
"You live here?" I asked in disbelief.
"Mhm." He nodded. "C'mon."

He led me to the large front doors and we headed inside.

"Mom, Dad I'm home!" He announced.
"Did you bring her?" A woman's voice asked. A lady entered the living room, a surprised look on her face. "Oh! You did!"
"Hi." I waved shyly.
"Hello." She smiled brightly. "You must be
Y/n."

Jin looks so similar to her.

"Yes that's me." I smiled. "It's nice I meet you Mrs. Kim."
"Nice to meet you too sweetheart. We were just finishing up dinner, you can have a seat in the dining room if you'd like."
"Thank you." I said.

When she left I turned to Jin.

"Your mom cooks? Do you not have people for that?" I asked.
"Yes she cooks." He chuckled. "She's almost always in the kitchen, her and the assistants."
"Assistants?"
"Yeah. We have two and they're very nice. She's always teaching them new dishes and cooking with them."
"So... they're servants? Butlers? Maids?"
"Maids, but we prefer to call them assistants. Maids is too harsh."
"Wow. Your family seems so kind and easygoing." I said.
"They are. We're not like any other royal family. We do things ourselves and don't always make "servants" do things for us."
"That's so great."
"I think so too. C'mon let's go have a seat in the dining room."

He took me into a large room with a fancy dining table decorated with fancy plates and centerpieces. He pulled my chair out for me and let me take a seat. It was a bit complicated to do with this tail, but I managed. Jin took a seat next to me, lacing his fingers with mine.

In a few minutes Jin's mom and dad came into the dining room taking a seat at the table.
Jin's dad looked nothing like I expected him to look. I thought he'd be some big man with a beard, but he was rather small, very clean cut and looked like royalty.

"So you're Y/n." He said, a warm smile on his face.
"Yes sir. It's nice to meet you."
"Likewise."

Everyone was seated at the table and the two maids came swimming in with large plates with the most delicious looking food I've ever seen.

Once everyone got their food a silence fell over the dining room.

"I just want to make a toast real quick." Jin's dad got up from the table. "To finding love."
I smiled and held my glass up along with Jin and his mother.
"To finding love." We said in unison.

I took a sip of my drink and set it back on the table. Jin's dad took a seat once again and we started eating.

"So Y/n, Jin says you live near the beach." Mrs. Kim said.
"Yes I do."
"She's got a very cute house." Jin added.
"How did you and Jin meet?" Mr. Kim asked.
"My dog Angel ran up to him while he was on the beach."
"When I saw Y/n for the first time I knew I had to get to know her better so I kept trying to keep her on the beach just a little longer. I was asking what her dog's name was and we ended up talking for a while." Jin said.
"Then I felt like I needed to make it up to him that my dog decided to just run up to him and jump on him and he said we could hang out again, so we did and here we are." I smiled.
"How cute." Mrs. Kim beamed.

***

As dinner progressed, my nerves eased. Mrs. Kim really seems to like me, Mr. Kim seemed to like me too, though it's hard to tell. He would smile at some of the things I said and laugh every once in a while, throwing in a question or two and a simple "Oh good." or "That's nice."

When we finished dinner I thanked them for inviting me to their house and accepting me so quickly.

"Come see us any time you'd like, okay?" Mrs. Kim said hugging me.
"Okay I will."
"Also don't rush in making a decision about marrying. Take your time, it's a big responsibility."
"It is." I nodded. "Thank you."
"Sure." She nodded.

I swam over to Mr. Kim and bowed.

"You don't have to be all formal." He chuckled.
"Sorry." I laughed nervously.
Mr. Kim held out his hand. I reached out and grabbed hold. He smiled and gave my hand a firm shake.
"It was nice meeting you Y/n."
"You too. You guys are so nice."
"Thank you." He chuckled.

***

Jin and I got back on land and I removed my necklace. I started to hand it back to Jin but he stopped me.

"You keep it. That way we can hang out at my place." He grinned.
"Okay."

I looked down and noticed the swimsuit I was wearing before I got in the water was dry long with my hair.

"That's so weird! I just got out of the water but I'm dry."
"That's the cool thing about being a mermaid, when you turn from mermaid to human you're all dry, that way you don't have to walk about with wet clothes and stuff. It's pretty convenient." Jin said.

When we got to my house I laid down on the bed, Jin laid down next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his chest. He started pressing soft kisses to my temple and cheekbone which made me giggle.

"I love you." He muttered.
"I love you too."
"I love you more."
"No I love you more."
"Do you really wanna go there?"
"Yes."
"Hahaha!" Jin laughed. "You know I'll win."
"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.
"How about we both love each other a lot?"
"Alright I can settle with that."
"Good." He smiled.

I turned over in Jin's arms and faced him before leaning in and attaching my lips to his. He kisses back quickly bringing his hand to the back of my neck pushing my lips onto his.

I pulled away for a moment.

"Jin?"
"Yes?"
"I think I've made my decision."
"You have?"
"Yeah. I want to marry you."
"You do?"
"Yes, but I want to be able to stay here and take care of Angel."

As if on cue she came running into the room jumping on the bed with us.

"Of course you can stay here with her. You don't always have to be in the ocean with me, only sometimes."
"But we'll still get to see each other all the time right?"
"Of course. I'll come see you every day and even stay the night if you want."
"I like that." I smiled.
"Me too, even though you kinda ruined the proposal."
"What?!" I shrieked and slapped his arm.
"I mean now when I propose I know you'll say yes."
"Oh my gosh Jin." I rolled my eyes.
"Let me get a ring and I'll do it properly okay?"
"Okay." I laughed.
"Come here princess." Jin pulled me in for another kiss.

_____________________________________
I will not write a part 3 I don't want to write a part 3 so please don't ask thank you uwu

I used to not worry about people asking for a part 2 but I got so many active readers and people started asking for part 2s for imagines and I don't always want to write them so now I have to add it in the author's note haha 😅
QOTD: How do you get ideas for imagines or books?

AOTD: They usually come to me at random times like when I'm in the shower or trying to go to sleep and my mind is like exploding with creativity