43

The explosion shook the whole building. It was weird, though. Cody made it silent so everyone would feel it, but no one would hear it. It was like you muted a movie. But whatever. I didn't really care at the moment.

"Hell. Took you guys long enough!"

Through the smoke, two shadows emerged.

"It's only me and Snake here. Lioness is still recovering and Hawk was pouting in her room. Sorry we took so long. It was hard to pin point you." He scratched the back of his head. "Who is this chick?" He motioned towards Uraraka.

"This is a UA student, Uraraka. She's chill so don't kill her." Uraraka's face dropped when I said the world kill. Apparently she didn't see it as an option in the first place.

"We told the kids everything. This dunce face made it harder than it had to be. He kept scaring them." She shot her finger in Cody's direction.

"It ain't my fault! I can deal with women but not with children." He huffed and turned away.

I turned to see a stunned Uraraka. She stepped back trying to reach the door. Her foot hit a part of the ceiling that fell during the explosion. She hit the ground with a loud "oof," bringing all the attention straight to her.

"So we can't kill her?"

I looked back at Cody and rolled my eyes. "This is a 49. So do your job."

Recognition flashed across his face. "Sorry forgot about that." He hastily started removing my chains.

Once I was free, I shakingly got up and started popping everything in my body. This felt so good after being constrained there for so long.

Kate took this time to toss me a device. "We should go."

I caught it I found it was a teleporter. "Sweet."

I waved at Uraraka and walked over the ruble to the others. We disappeared with a flash, leaving a bright light behind us.

We landed right outside of UA. I guess they were keeping me inside. I got Cody and Kate's attention. I only needed to say one word. "Zero."

We all had different numbers meaning different things. 49 loosely means to rescue or a rescue mission. We use the word 55 in tight spots when we need to retreat. Zero's meaning holds much more than that, though.

This means we're off the grid. We're in too deep and need to step back for a while. I think we'd be using it too soon, but it's for the best.

Before we left I wanted to do one thing. I nodded Cody and Kate to go ahead of me. "Don't worry. I'll be right there. Promise this time." A gave them a cheerful wink for reassurance.

I stopped turned around. Time to blow some dense minds.