26

"Mr. Nagisa! I brought a visitor with me this time!"

"Okay!"

We walked into a cozy little room with a few beds in it. I look to the far comer to see something I definitely didn't expect.

I saw the two I saw at the park. The, I now know, boy was changing some gauze on the little boy's arm. He looked up from his work and smiled at me.

"Hello! You can call me Nagisa. I sometimes help as a nurse here when they need me."

Yet another person connected to the Fox and Hero's Houses. I needed to know more.

"What happened to him? He looks pretty bad."

"Yes. We found him wondering around like this. He is really beat up. We took it upon other selves to clean him up. His wounds just couldn't go untreated."

He turned back around started unwrapping the gauze around his chest. He showed me how severe his situation was.

"I know this'll be asking a lot from, and how your a guest of ours right now, but do you think you could take this little guy with you? We don't have any way to contact his family, and I was hoping you could help us with that."

I just nodded. I'd take him rights after he fished up with treatment. I walked over and kneeled down in ground of him.

"What's your name boy?"

"...Max."

"Ok Max. I'm going to take you with me a help you find your family okay?"

Max just nodded and slowly got up. He grabbed my hand and we headed out. I thanked Emilia for the tour and left.We started to the station and then afterwards, we'd go to the hospital.

Max held on real tight and didn't look up or speak. The walk was really quiet as we neared the Headquarters.

Almost. Too quiet.