16

No. No! NO!!!

Blake, Alex, and Caden were all being held by the League. My blood was boiling. Some guy with stitched skin was standing in front of them.

The heroes couldn't risk harming the kids.

I watched as Alex and Caden were trying to comfort a shaking Blake. She was shaking like crazy and looked like she wanted to cry. Her parents were killed when the League attacked an office building. She had no other living relatives so we took her in.  Her quirk hadn't come in yet so it would've been hard for her on the streets.

Alex and Caden were closest to her. They were basically inseparable. I was just glad they stayed with Blake during this whole fiasco.

I had it. I couldn't stand there any longer.

I ran past everyone and headed straight for the kids. I surprised everyone. They were all sitting in silence when I ran in. I jumped over the wall of villains and landed behind the kids.

"Hold each other's hands." I quickly whispered to them before I took a smoke bomb Kate made and threw it on the ground. I grab them all and jumped onto the second story of the mall.

I set them down and told them to stay behind me and to stay quiet.

"I thought you guys were better than this." I was facing the League now. "Using children as hostages? Really now?"

I was glaring at them and they returned the favor. The heroes were watching this all godown. I sat down. Feet hanging off the edge of the rail.

"Fox of the Underworld. What do we own such a pleasure?" The League's leader was now facing me.

I could hear Eraserhead speak up. "What does the leader of The Pack have with us here?" His eyes didn't leave me.

"That," I looked directly at him and smiled, "is none of your damned business. But for your information, I'm not here for you... this time."

I threw a glance two the other group present. I took out a flash grenade. "This is for you." I tossed it at the League and stood up. I turned around and grabbed Blake's hand. "Let's go."