33

"Everyone. Say hello to Max. He helped solve this mystery."

Todoroki picked Max up. "And how's that?"

"You saw it didn't you? The Fox recognized him." Everyone's eyes shifted around.

"How did you know his name then?"

"Because... I've met him before. It just... took me a while to connect to dots." Aizawa motioned for them to go inside. "Bring him. Recovery Girl will be here soon."

•••

"What in the Lord's name did you do to this poor boy!" Recovery Girl just finished treating The Fox, or, as they now knew, Aishi.

"No one knows. That's one thing we have to ask him when he wakes up."

They laid him on one of the couches in the Class 1A common room. They had all of his gear taken off and transferred to a research facility. His mask was gone and he was just in some extra clothes the boys had: a loose top and shorts.

One thing surprised them all. He was no older than them. Just a kid. Not the notorious villain leader they thought was behind the mask.

"He looks so innocent." Uraraka's voice was hushed, quiet, not wanting to wake him up. People around her silently agreed. This wasn't the face of a killer. "But only innocent in his looks." This was all too true.

His face was so peaceful as he slept. But you could tell he wasn't at peace. His facial expression would change into something pained for a second before turning back to normal. Rarely anyone was at peace. With a world of heroes and villains, the fighting never stopped.

Recovery Girl got up and left. It was the middle of the night after all.

The silence was heavy and it felt like it couldn't be broken. But, at least, not to Aizawa.

"Tomorrow night he'll be moved." Everyone turned to face him. "He may be hurt but he is still a villain." He had some kind of remorse in the back of his voice, but only a few heard it.

Everyone there knew and saw what had happened. The boy was in a fragile state, but that didn't change who he was. Almost every single person had a question for him. The room  tensed considerably. And they needed answers.