Part 29

Day of funeral
Diamond & Janelle pov
Once they called for the family to view the body Janelle and Diamond both looked at each other and grabbed hands. "Here we go." Diamond said lowly as they led the crowd into the church. Once both girls got to the casket Diamond immediately broke down. "Why?!" Diamond screamed as one of the ushers held both of the girls.
Keith pov
After seeing the ushers take Diamond and Janelle out the church I couldn't take it upon myself to go up there, back i had to for the twins and Ariaannaa since Nicki was like a mother figure to her. I put my sunglasses on before I walked up to the casket and the tears came falling. I looked away as I rubbed Ariaannaa's shoulder. I picked up Khristain as he started to scream and cry once he heard all the other screams going thru the room, He was too young to understand.
Kira pov
I held onto Khylan in one arm and Alyana in the other as we walked in line.
"Here give me him." Devin said walking up to me and taking Khylan out my arm.
"Where were you?" I asked still looking forward.
"Woke up late." He said as I put my sunglasses on. We walked up to the purple and white casket and i looked down at her body.
"You did a damn good job, you strong Kira." Devin said putting his arm around my waist as I leaned down and kissed her head.
"Sleep peacefully babe." I said quietly before grabbing Devin's hand and walking away. I looked around the church and saw her ex in line to view the body.
"Why is he here?" I asked looking at Devin.
"Don't cause a scene Kira, leave it alone." Jayla said grabbing my arm as we waited outside the church.
"She wouldn't want him here and Im going by her wishes." I said as they shook their head.
"I'll handle it, I don't want him to cause no trouble while y'all going thru this right now." Devin said putting Khylan on the ground.
Devin pov
I walked over to this dude Kira was talking about and pulled him aside.
"Aye lemme talk to you, what you doing here gangsta?" I asked looking at him as he looked around.
"Just paying my respects Devin none of that." He said as I nodded.
"After the funeral, I don't wanna see your face around here no more you got me?" I said looking at him as he nodded.
"Your son." He said as I stopped dead in my tracks and walked back over to him.
"My son? What was that?" I asked walking up to him.
"Heard some dudes was looking for him, he got himself in some- Im dealing with other shit and being here for my family so right now aint the time but You know where i be." I said before walking off.
"Dealt with." I said lowly to Deanthony as he nodded.
Keith pov
"Sarah's taking the twins off your hands for the night, I love you so much Keith stay strong." Brittney said hugging me as I nodded.
"I know how much she meant to you stay strong love im here anytime you need me." One of Nicki other friends said hugging me as Kira came over. All I heard the entire funeral was "Stay Strong I gotchu" or "I love you call me if you need anything" but where was all these people when she was alive and sick.
I was ready for it all to be over with sooner, and so everyone could get back to their normal lives, while the rest of us try to find our normal lives that we had.
Ariaannaa pov
Throughout the middle of the funeral, I got up and ran out. I couldn't take it being in there around sad people no longer. I didn't understand why she had to leave us so soon. Everyone that I had gotten attached to as a mother figure left me in this world. I walked down the cold, windy streets with alot on my mind, as I continued to walk I got stopped by a couple of dudes that where hanging around on the block.
"Yo lil mama it aint safe for you to be walking by yourself out here, where you from?" One asked as I turned around and pulled my hood off. "The North- I suggest you make your way back on the north side you don't belong over here." Another said walking up to me. "Or what?!" I said as a guy came up and got in the middle of it. "Lets go." He said putting me in his car. I crossed my arms and put my hood back on. "Where should I take- Just drive anywhere."  I said throwing my head back and closing my eyes.
*After the funeral
Brittney pov
"You hungry? I already took food to the kids." I asked keith as everyone made a line for food. "Nah I just wanna go home fr." He said shrugging and looking around.
"I think Kira and De about to head out, I'll be over later to check on you." I said before he got up.
"Thanks Britt." He said hugging me then leaving. Jayla and I served the food until it was gone and everyone chilled around to have a good time.
Devin pov
"Y'all headed out?" Keith asked walking out the door behind us. "Yeah Bro you need a ride?" I asked dapping him as he nodded.
"Yeah a nigga aint in the mood for the party vibe." He said as We walked to the car. The entire ride home it was silent, Kira was fast asleep and Keith was off into deep thoughts in the back. Once I had gotten to the house I walked over to Kira side grabbing her out the car.
"Get at you later bro." Keith said dapping me as I nodded.
"Stay up man, I love you." I said before he walked across the street to his house. I went into kira house and stripped her out her clothes before tucking her to bed. I put all the bags away and cleaned up a little before going to do my hygiene. Afterwards, I climbed into bed behind her and pulled her close to me.
Ariaannaa pov
"How old are you lil mama?" The tall darkskin guy asked as I sat and watched him move around the kitchen.
"18" I lied as he nodded.
"Well you can stay around here as long as you want just dont break any of my shit." He said as I rolled my eyes.
"So wanna talk about what happened earlier?" He asked looking at me as I shook my head.
"I walked out my mothers..... stepmom." I said lowly
"Someone that was like a mother figure died, I couldnt take it anymore so I walked until I bumped into those guys. Thanks for that by the way." I said looking up at him.
"No problem but sorry for your lost cutie." He said as i nodded.
"Well you can take the 3rd room upstairs on the left." He said as I jumped off the counter.
"Well goodnight" I said slowly walking up the stairs.
"Goodnight"