Chapter 62

Hope you guys enjoy the chapter!

Make sure you vote!!!

-Unedited-

Last official chapter!

Chapter 62

The loud series of beeps wakes me up. Slowly opening my eyes I notice I'm hooked up to a bunch of wires.

"Where am I?" Is this a hospital? Why am I-

I remember now Jace shot me to save his brother. I need to get out of here.

I throw the covers off of myself and attempt to get up.

"Ugh!" I shout in pain. "My chest!" Looking inside my gown there are bandages around my chest compressing my wound.

"He couldn't shoot me anywhere else," I wince in pain sitting back on the uncomfortable hospital bed.

The door opens and who I assume is my doctor walks in. "You're up," he says smiling at me.

"How did I get here?"

The doctor begins to smile. "Jackson carried you all the way here."

"Jackson? But wasn't he shot too?"

"It was the craziest thing I've ever seen in my life and I've been a doctor for quite some time now. He was in pretty bad shape himself but he managed to bring you here. The human body is amazing."

"Did he get any help?"

The doctor nods his head. "Yes, but he refused to get any help until he knew you were safe. He said you owed him a bunch of cheeseburgers or something."

A slight smirk is present on my face. "I guess I do," I whisper. "How long have I been out?"

"For a couple of days and he stayed by your side the whole time. The nurse had to escort him out a couple of times to get him away from you. He's been rolling to your hospital room every day checking on you."

"Rolling?"

"He was shot in the leg. His needs to rest his leg but don't worry he'll walk again. The bullet didn't hit any major nerves or anything."

I sigh in relief. "That's good. How long do I have to stay here?"

"A few more days. We just need to monitor your breathing and make sure everything's alright."

"Okay," I say. "Can you tell me what room Jackson is in?" I ask

"Sure he's in room 211. That's just down the hall." He says to me smiling. "Now get some rest, Brooklyn." He assures me leaving the hospital room.

I smile as the doctor leaves the room and I can't hold it on anymore and it finally comes out.

The hot tears come out of my eyes like a waterfall. How could he do this to me?

I thought he loved me. He said we were going to Virginia together after the mission.

He was going to rebuild his family and change the world. But as soon as he saw his brother it all went down the drain.

I guess he didn't mean it when he said fuck Omertà.

Jackson rolls into my hospital room. "Brooklyn you're up." He says smiling.

"Yeah," I groan.

"How are you doing?" He asks.

"I've been better," I admit. This is the first time someone has actually shot me.

It doesn't exactly feel great. "I found you on the floor bleeding out," Jackson says suddenly. "And Jace and his brother were nowhere to be found."

"Jace... he shot me."