Chapter 26

Hope you guys enjoy the chapter

Make sure you vote!!!!!!!!

Chapter 26

"Brooklyn!" The Boss shouts. "Explain to me what happened!" Someone must have told him. My bet, Katherine is who told.

Bitch

"Umm about what?" I ask, slightly giggling. Maybe it's not what I think.

"Well, where do I start Brooklyn. Oh, I know. How about you compromising the whole mission with your amateur mistake."

"But-"

"No buts Brooklyn. You're off the case, return back to New York." I'm off the case? I fucked up but I don't think I deserve that. It was an honest mistake.

Stiffening in my chair, "Yes sir." I say attempting to end the call.

"Sir," Jackson interjects. Jackson picks up my wrists and talks into Clarrissa.

"What are you doing?" I whisper to him. Jackson looks at me reassuring. Like he wants me to put all my trust into him.

"Let me handle it," Jackson whispers back. "Boss," Jackson says into the watch.

"Jackson? You're with her?" Seems like Katherine seemed to have failed to mention that.

"Yes, sir. But if I may and as respectful as possible. I'm in charge and I want Brooklyn to stay on the case. I need her, without Brooklyn we wouldn't have any of the information we have now. Brooklyn is important to the mission and I... no, we need her."

Does Jackson really mean that? I messed everything up, I could have been the reason why one of us died.

The boss goes silent. Jackson looks at me than my watch. "Fine," he says sternly. "But Brooklyn, you're on probation. Any more mistakes there will be hell to pay. Jackson, I want daily updates as well."

"Yes sir," Jackson says. The Boss hangs up the phone and I stare at Jackson's stupid face and slap his shoulder.

"Oww, what was that for?" Jackson says wincing

"You stupid idiot. Why would you do that? He could have kicked you off the case too. Why would you risk that?"

"Because I need you, Brooklyn."

"No, you don't. You have Henry and Keiko. They're more than enough." I say sinking into my chair.

"Don't sell yourself short Brooklyn. You did save everyone singlehandedly." Jackson says putting a strand of my hair behind my ear. Jackson's mouth turns into a tight line.

"Thanks, Jackson. Buckling my seatbelt, we should go. We've been gone for a while now. I bet everyone's probably curious about where we went."

The drive back to the shitty motel six doesn't take long at all. Jackson tries to cheer me up on our way back to the hotel. It sorta makes me feel better but I still feel bad. If I just thought a little then our mission wouldn't have been compromised.

Jackon grabs all the bags and brings them to my room. "Here," he says handing me a bag full of clothes.

"Thanks for tonight. It was fun. Well, the whole festival thing was." I say in front of the motel door.

"Yeah, it was pretty fun. For the most part." Digging into the bag, I pull out the picture of us.

"You can keep the picture if you want," I say handing it to him.

"No you take it," Jackson says.

"You sure?"

"Definitely, I don't like it anyway."