Chapter 17

Hope you enjoy the chapter

Chapter 17

"The pizza should be here soon," Jace announces as he takes a seat onto the couch next to me.

"So you haven't really told me about yourself." Time for some information gathering. Jace hands me a cup of wine. "Thanks."

"What do you want to know?"

Where is Mr. Morte? "You have an Italian accent. Are you from Italy or something?"

"I wanna fuck you till you can't move," he murmurs in Italian.

Disgusting, what a pig. "What does that mean?" I pull my legs closer to my chest. I purposefully dig my feet into the couch. That should irritate him a little.

"It means every time I look at you. You look even more beautiful." Lying asshole, "But back to your question. Yes, I'm from Italy but I traveled back and forth to America for a large part of my life. I've officially lived here for a little more of a year. But I do occasionally go back home so they won't cut me off. Actually come to think of it, it's been quite a few months since I've been back."

"So you're a rich kid huh? That explains everything about you." His arrogance, his clothes and why he's working with Mr.Morte. His family might have some ties to him. That could potentially double the number of suspects.

This is becoming way too complicated.

"I guess you can say that. But what about you, love? Everyone in Venice knows who I am except for you. Where are you from?"

"I'm from New York."

"Oh, New York? I love New York. Tall buildings, never-ending parties. It's amazing there, so what brings you to L.A."

"Me and a few of my friends are here for school."

"School? What are you studying?"

"Chemistry nothing special. Are you in school?"

"No, after high school I just got into the family business. But I never really liked school much anyways to want to continue."

"So what is the family business?"

"We just own a few hotels that's all. Nothing special really."

Hotels?"Oh, really what are they called?"

"Hotel Nebula," he says nonchalantly. Hotel Nebula!? That's one of the most successful hotel chains around the world. You can't go anywhere in the world without seeing one.

"That's one of the biggest hotel chains in the world! And you make it seem like it's nothing at all."

"I don't know, it's never been really important to me. I just sign a few papers and money is deposited in my account every week," he says. "And plus, my brother does most of the work. I really have nothing to do with any of that stuff. Hell, I'm so out of the loop with those things. I can't tell you a single board member's name." Really?! I stare at Jace, he's not lying...shit. This is a dead-end.

"Seems like the life," I say. Sign a few papers and you have a million dollars.

"It's alright, I guess."

This conversation isn't turning out productive at all. All I've learned is that he just some rich kid that stays in L.A to goof off. If he only goes to Italy to just sign paperwork then he's useless to the case.

And I've wasted my time.

The doorbell rings, "Oh that must be the pizza." Jace walks towards the pizza guy. I wanna leave, it's pointless talking to him.