Chapter 18

Hope you enjoy the chapter

Chapter 18

"Clarissa, call Jackson," I command as I put back on my clothes. The phone rings a few times before he answers.

"Hello," Jackson says sounding very groggy. Was he sleeping while I was working? That dick, why the hell does it seem like I'm the only one working here?

Brandon is sleeping with half of Venice. Katherine is just being bitchy. Jackson is spouting orders for only me and Keiko and Henry have done nothing but drink and eat. When are they gonna do something useful too?

I've been half-naked in the smoldering heat being ogled at by men, while they've done nothing but piss me off. This isn't fair! Since he wants to sleep after demanding me to do extra work let's play a little joke.

"Jackson," I say almost whispering sounding as if I'm full of pain. "I need... I need your help." I say breathlessly.

"What's wrong?" Jackson's tone changes over the phone.

"Just come by Jace's house. Bring the car, "I say sucking in my breath. "Hurry," I muster out. Ending the call abruptly, I decide to go look through his pockets.

Now let's see what type of information I can gather.

Keys? I'll be taking those. I would love a new expensive car.

Wallet? Why is carrying so many hundred dollar bills? Looks like I'm getting a new dress too. I pocket the hundred dollar bills.

There isn't anything really useful in his pockets. Just a bunch of receipts, a few condoms, those would have been nice to use, and unusable debit and credit cards.

Jace lets out a slight snore which makes a sly smirk to form on my face. I'm truly amazing aren't I.

One chokehold and he's sound asleep. I grab his phone, it's password protected. Oh, it looks like he has that fingerprint thingy, how convenient. I place his finger, on the phone to unlock it.

Okay... booty calls, surfing updates and party invites. Alright, everything seems standard, nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe he has another phone, maybe a work phone or something.

"Brooklyn where are you!?" Jackson yells. Jackson doesn't even seem to notice me when he pushes the door open. He looks frazzled, his hair is tossed wildly and his shirt is on backward and he's not even wearing shoes.

He seems worried... serves him right.

"Jackson," I say. His eyes are fixed towards mine. He grabs my hand and pulls me into a hug. "What are yo-"

"Shhh," he whispers in my ear cutting me off. Jackson pulls apart from me he holds my shoulders and scans my body. "Are you okay?"

"Yes," I nod. "Why do you look so frazzled? I was just joking with you." I say while snickering. Jackson's face is stone-cold, he looks pissed. "What's wron-"

"Don't ever fucking do that again!" he sneers.

"I was only joking," I say.

"It wasn't funny!" Jackson shouts while turning to the unconscious Jace. "Goddamit Brooklyn! Why the hell would you do this?" Jackson squats down to Jace's level. "Did you kill him?"

"No! You told me to not let him leave so this is the first thing I thought to do." I argue, what else was I suppose to do?

"I told you not to hurt him."

"You told me not to kill him and look he's still alive. I followed your orders, Jackson. I did nothing wrong." Jesus, if he has such a problem with how I do things. Then why doesn't he just do it himself!