Chapter 6 - "The Start Of Something"

Start from the beginning

The first thing I did when I woke up the following morning, was to check my phone to see if the giant didn't leave me anymore messages. I was so irritated myself when I got disappointed when there was no texts from him. After making necessary preparations for school, I went to the kitchen to eat breakfast. My mother was there already eating breakfast. I made myself cereal and sat down on one of the counter chairs.
Mother: "It's polite to greet your elderly young lady. I didn't sleep with you." She stated. I was still annoyed with her about last night.
Me: "Hi." I said irritably.
Mother: "And then? Already grumpy in the morning. What is your problem?"
Me: 'Tis nothing." I mumbled. She laughed.
Mother: "Heee I wonder. What's wrong? Is it that man of yours? He still doesn't want to eat your cookie?" She asked amused..."I told you what to do to get that man to want to eat your cookie. Look at me, you see how sexy I still am even at this age, and men are still fighting over my cookie." She said proudly. Eww! I literally gagged. Oh my gosh! I just lost my appetite.
Me: "Could you please not speak to me about your...cookie." I said disgusted and a little embarrassed. She cackled.
Mother: "Look at you. You're so red in the face. Men don't want a woman like you. Every time sex becomes a topic you become uncomfortable or turn red in the face. News flash: sex is great my child. But don't get stuck with a man who has a small dick." She advised.
Me: "Mom! Please stop!" I exclaimed. She cackled again shaking her head. This is what I deal with people. She's just something else.
Mother: "Maybe that man of yours has a small dick, so maybe that's why he hasn't wanted the cookie yet. Have you seen his dick? Just because he's a big guy doesn't mean because he has a big mean machine...you know." She winked.
Me: "You know what? I'm leaving. I can't listen to this." I said angrily. I left for my room, I needed to get my bag and get the hell out of this apartment. Jeez!
Mother: "You really have issues. Sometimes I wonder how it's possible that you're my daughter." She said after me. Screw her! She was the one with the issues. I also wondered how it was possible that she was my mother. I mean who says all of that to their child? What kind of mother is she? I really don't know why I was surprised with anything she did or said anymore...she has always been like this. I left the apartment and went to school.

When I got off work that night, the same cab was waiting for me outside. I got in, and when I tried to pay, I was told the same story as the previous night...that the cab ride was already paid for. The difference is that, I never received any texts this time around. This happened for about a month. Every night I got off work, the same cab was waiting for me, and all the cab rides were paid for. But there wasn't any sign of the giant...and there were no more texts. For the first two weeks, I would think about him a lot. I would even get tempted to send him a text or to even call him but I would chicken out of course. What would I say to him anyways? Getting no texts from him left me feeling so at loss which was crazy. I was still blaming these stupid feelings that I had towards the giant to the Stockholm Syndrome shit. I refused to believe that I liked him on my own accord. I convinced myself that the feelings would eventually fade away...soon. I kept on wondering why he was still paying for the cab rides if he had no intentions in being in my life. Not like I wanted him to be in my life or anything. Liar! Shut up brain! I would catch myself looking for him everywhere I went, just hoping that I would at least catch a glimpse of him, which was ridiculous really because I'm pretty sure the giant didn't walk the same circles as me. I hated him for making me feel this way...making me miss him. How dare he disappear on me? Well, technically I know he didn't, he told me to use his number, but still. I don't know why I was so scared to use his number. Texting or calling seemed like a very intimate thing to do. It's not like we were friends...I really don't know what we were at this stage. What would we talk about anyways? Ugh! This was so frustrating! This is the reason why I didn't date. Men are so confusing and complicated. Damn him!

I was at work. It had been a while since my shift had started. I already couldn't wait for it to end. Dealing with customers was no easy thing to do. They were always complaining about something, and there was always drama happening with the other waiters that I worked with. Some waiters were jealous of the others that were favored by the customers, and others were just being plain bitchy. So gossips were always happening left and right and also groups were formed so you can imagine how it was. But I never participated in any of the drama that was happening. I just did my job and went home. I didn't like drama or confrontation.