Chapter 51 - "Danger Has Come"

Luckily George was still parked outside so I didn't have to call and wait for him to come and fetch me. I got in the car, and he drove off without asking any questions. Not like he would since he hardly talked to me. My hands were literally shaking people. I couldn't believe that I'd said all of that back there to Diana. Where the hell did that boldness come from? When I had started lashing out I couldn't seem to stop myself. The thing is, what she said had made me angry, and it wasn't the first time she had undermined my opinions, ideas and suggestions when it came to the planning of this wedding. Like, I seriously saw no point in me being there if I couldn't even have a say in what I wanted for my wedding, and also in how I wanted it to look like. Ever since we started planning for this wedding, I've had a ringing headache that never stopped. It hasn't been a joyous and exciting moment for me. Both of them must just carry on and plan for this wedding, and just tell me the time and venue so I could just pitch up. On second thoughts, we should just cancel the whole thing, because I didn't want this wedding in the first place. Going to the court to marry the giant was what I had in mind, and then after that we would host a small luncheon or dinner for friends and family. It had been the giant who wanted to have the wedding in the first place, which I got why since this was going to be the first and last time I got married and also having a wedding was every woman's dream. But the thing is I never had a dream wedding because I never thought or dreamed that I would ever get married...that someone would want to marry me and another thing, I hated attention and a wedding brought a lot of that to the bride. I sighed. Maybe I shouldn't have lashed out the way I did. They're the giant's mothers after all so I should respect them. I should've found a more polite way to get my point through. I'll just call tomorrow and apologize but I was done with the planning of the wedding. I wanted nothing to do with it. I just couldn't guys.

We've been on the road for like an hour now, when my phone started to ring. It was the giant. I picked up.
Me: "Hey." I greeted yawning. I was tired now.
Zanoxolo: "Woman, are you fine?"
Me: "Yes I'm fine. Why do you ask?" He grunted.
Zanoxolo: "Just received a call from my mother crying. She said you were rude to her and you just stormed out and left." I huffed.
Me: "I'll call her tomorrow and apologize."
Zanoxolo: "What happened? Did they bully you woman?" He asked growling. My man people!
Me: "What if I was the one who bullied them?" He grunted.
Zanoxolo: "Impossible. My woman can't hurt a fly." I rolled my eyes smiling.
Me: "You should stop saying that. I've killed a lot of flies you know."
Zanoxolo: "Woman, what happened?" I sighed.
Me: "I don't want to talk about it now. But what I want you to know is that I don't want to be involved anymore in any plans of this wedding. I'll let your mothers handle it. They know best after all."
Zanoxolo: "What the fuck? Woman you better tell me what the hell happened now."
Me: "We'll talk later tonight at home. I have a headache now and I'm tired. I want to sleep a little before my shift." He grunted unhappily.
Zanoxolo: "We'll definitely be talking tonight. Give the phone to George." I did as I was told. George grunted. Then he checked the rearview mirror and the side mirrors. What the? I looked behind me, I saw nothing but cars...nothing out of the ordinary. I wonder what he was looking for.
George: "It's all clear chief...sure...I'll keep an eye out...I understand." He hung up and gave me the phone. He looked through the dashboard and passed me a container with pills... "take." He ordered. Oh my gosh! He sounded a lot like the giant right now. I read what was written on the container. They were pills for headache and pain. I took out two and downed them with water from the water bottle that was in the cup holder.
Me: "Thank you.' I said giving him the pills back. He grunted and took them. I laid my head back on the head rest and sighed. Diana had called the giant crying. Had I been that rude na bethuna? I just told her how I felt. I mean the way she had been condescending towards me like I didn't know anything. Her saying that, it was about how good it looked more than what you liked. Like, seriously? I just couldn't take it anymore. But I was going to call her tomorrow and apologize since I felt a little guilty, and also because I wanted to keep the peace. The pills were starting to kick in, my headache was subsiding and I was getting a little drowsy. After a short while of drowsing in and out, I fell asleep.