" Is the car unlocked?" I asked trying to change the subject.

" Yeah." Jasper looked over at Gruney." I could help with her bags-" Just as Jasper reached up to grab a bag Gruney stepped back.

" I got it," he said nearly falling on his ass. Jasper looked at Gruney with an odd expression confused by his behavior. Still trying to play " tough guy, Gruney struggled nearly falling over while trying to carry my bags to the car still kicking the same one he did in the elevator, not allowing his pride to ask for help.

" He's mad you kissed Bee." I bluntly stated.

Jasper's face went red as he recalled the event, he nervously scratched the back of his head.

I smiled " Oh don't play shy now Lover Boy, you weren't to shy when you kissed my best friend to get back at me." I teased making an obnoxious kissy face.

" Get back at you?" He playfully scoffed " What makes you think I just didn't want to kiss her." While he wore a boyish smirk. My smile had slowly drifted and insecurities filled my head. What if he did like Bee? They do say people's true selves come out when their inhibitions are lowered.

Noticing my change of emotions Jasper stepped closer his thumb grazing over my bottom lip.

" I'm kidding." He clarified. A pool relief went over my body. " You're the only girl I want to kiss."

And off went the butterflies again.

Jasper Ralston's charm was undeniable.

" I'm flattered." I chuckled. Yet, still, insecurities still occupied my mind." But is she a better kisser than me?"

A smirk ran across his lips and he shrugged " I'll have to kiss you again to make a final comparison." Jasper teased

" You ass." I shot back playfully pushing him as he erupted in laughter.

That laugh.

It was something I adored. It was husky and full of life with no restraints. Each and every day I was with him a piece of his shell would fall off. And each and every day I would find even more reasons to like him. He was happier, joyous and carefree. Confidence and self-assured.

Jasper Ralston

"Fuck!" Gurney cursed followed by the sound of dropping bags. " Damn it, Kinsley, why the hell did you have to pack all of Sephora!"

" I think he needs help." I giggled.

" Definitely,"  Jasper replied before walking over to help Gurney who had got stuck in the revolving door.

                          It wasn't long before all my things where in the car and I stood on the sidewalk staring at the towering building I had called home for years. I knew it wouldn't be the last time I saw it, but as I stood there I compared the streets to the ones Jasper left on. And although I saw people with expensive clothes and pure breed puppies. They reminded me of what I use to be, a manikin. Posed, and perfect pretty in front of a window but ugly behind closed doors. It reminded me of the game Gurney and I used to play. How we would sit at the end of the hall and watch as the elevator door opened revealing the next manikin. We'd guess their life's and their secrets guessing the blemishes of their perfect lives.

" Divorced," Gurney said leaning against the car and standing beside me. My eyes moved to where he was looking older women at least in her mid-30s was jogging wearing a fit watch and AirPods. 

" Semi divorce." I clarified " Her husbands cheating on her with a younger woman. She's trying to prove she's still got it."

" I disagree, she's divorced and getting a Revenge body."

" What divorced person still wears their ring." I stated matter of factly looking down at the fat ass rock on the women finger.

He shrugged " My Dad does."

I looked at Gruney blatantly and said:" You're Dad's a fucking weirdo."

" You're a fucking weirdo. You're there one getting eloped." There he goes again with these crazy notions.

" Am not." I defended  " I'm actually meeting his grandma." I said proudly

" For the love of God. Do not wear your stripper boots when to meet her." He exclaimed

" Why does everyone keep comparing me to a stripper?" I pout.

" Cause the boots." He causally replied

"You better not get pregnant either." Gruney flicked my forehead. "

" Ow."

" If that hurts to imagine what child labor feels like." Gruney said as if he was an overprotective brother. " Not only that but think about how unfortunately they would have you as a parent. It would be deformed and ugly. Probably have your lazy eye."

I pushed Gruney.

" Stop stalling and tell me how much you're going to miss me." A said with a toothy grin. Gruney looked at me with disgust.

"  I'll miss you being gone."

I rolled my eyes. " Liar."

Gurney dug in his pocket and pulled out a crumpled piece of paper and handing it to me. It was a flyer for his bands first concert  The Dragons written in bold. A smile spreads across my face as I saw Gurney on the filer. I felt... proud. The annoying kid next door, Adam Gurney was following his dreams no matter what anyone said. The kid who I would always trip in the hallway was becoming my best friend a true friend.

" You want me to see your booooyyy band." I teased

" Not anymore ." I moved just as he tried to take back the flyer.

" Nope. I'm coming and I'll be you're biggest groupie."  Knowing he'd hate me for it, I wrapped my arms around his hugging his stiff body.

" Oh God, I'm going to die. You just transmitted herpes."  He dramatically cried.

" Whatever." I laughed letting him go.

" You ready?" Jasperapproached after closing the trunk of the car.

" Hey, Jas," Gurney called out.

Of here we go.

" You think that lady's jogging to get a revenge body because of her ex-husband. Or..."

" Is her husband having an affair with young women possibly the Nanny," I added looking over at Gurney who wasn't buying it. " So she's running to show him she's still got it."

Jasper's eyebrows raised in confusion he looked at the women. " I... " We hung onto to his words wanting to see who he would agree with.

Jasper shrugged. " I think she just running for her self you know because she wants to."

Gurney and I both dramatically groaned.

" What a sop," Gurney mumbled. " Gurney opened my car door and I slide in " Shut up Adam."

" Don't call me that." He exclaimed. Just as Jasper slide in the driver side.

" And Jas," Gurney called out again.  I tapped Jasper who was putting on his set belt and hadn't been looking at Gurney. After getting his attention I pointed to Gurney.

Who exaggerates his words hia words mouthing them with his lips so I wouldn't hear and even used hand motions thinking it would make Jasper understand better.

" Use. A. Condom"

His words were cut short as I opened my car door intentionally hitting him with it.

" Ow" He groaned.

" If that hurts imagine how worse child labor feels." I mocked while laughing.