Chapter 31

Thank you for 4.4k+ reads uwu. Turns out I don't have to retake that class, I'M FREE)

I broke out the road trip songs my dudes, IT'S SUMMER. Tbh I love this song though, it's so nice to listen to while driving.)

I'll Be Here A While - 311)

And no, this is not Reader's full back story! She wouldn't tell Todoroki absolutely EVERYTHING yet. So if this seems as if there are gaps here and there, that is why. This is missing a lot of detail.)

You sat with Todoroki under the climbing wall. Putting your bag to the side, you scooted a little closer so you didn't have to speak loudly. 

"It all started towards the end of elementary. I started to gain a few pounds and eventually my parents started their new jobs as marketing agents for the Pro Hero Uwabami. Their jobs were to market beauty, fitness, all that stuff. Throughout their careers they became money hungry, and it kinda went to their heads. They used to be good to me. At some point, things went bad. When I left elementary at the age of 11, my father began to make snide comments about how I needed to lose weight. I had.." you paused for a moment. "I had begun to get bullied because my Quirk was delayed. I didn't actually get it until I was 12." you stated.

"So..you began taking those pills?" he tilted his head.

"Not for that. That was kinda just the beginning." You sat back and glanced up through the slit at the top of the climbing wall. "My life began to get bad when my mother got involved with my weight. She started controlling everything I ate, gave me dietary supplements, took away all the things I liked, made me cry often..my little teenage body was just starting to develop. I hit that age where we all start going through puberty." you say, as you look at your hands. "the only person that treated me like a person was Katsuki. We were together since birth. He's the big brother I always wanted. Katsuki actually fought with my parents constantly when they would degrade me in public."

Shouto watched you as you spoke.

"My father's Quirk is Atomic Manipulation. He can contort anything he wants, as long as he knows what the object is made of. Well..my father would sometimes..break my bones and put them back together. Just for the fun of it. My mother wouldn't get involved, but she wasn't a fan of the physical pain."

Shouto stared at you when you spoke about your father. 

"What the hell..." he mumbled with anger.

"My father abused me often. He would come home from work angry and drunk and would take it out on me. My mother would just watch in the background. I..remember him constantly saying how much of a failure I was. How he thought I was Quirkless. How angry he was that I wasn't the size he wanted me to be. He wanted me to be like the daughters of his co-workers. I was kinda rugged and boyish from growing up with Katsuki and Izuku." you mumbled. "my father's job began taking him places and now he's always overseas. My mother stayed behind to take care of me. She's hardly ever home too. And over time, I just gained more weight. I was always scared of my father, whenever he came back his intentions were to hurt me if we were alone. I began to develop anxiety..." you mumbled more as your voice cracked slightly. "Combined with trying to lose weight, I just stopped eating all together. I had become disgusted with myself and I became obsessed with trying to lose the excess weight. I developed anorexia and depression in middle school as a result. It was the only time my parents ever treated me nicely."

His hands gently covered yours and held them. 

"I'm..here now." he murmured softly. "I am here." 

"You sound like All Might." you giggled faintly. He smiled a little and kept your hands in his. 

"My mother..well, my bond with her isn't the greatest. She's a bit like me in a way. We both fear my dad. However, she sided with him on the weight thing. I don't think she ever cared about the Quirk I had. She just wanted me to be thin and beautiful, in her eyes. Like a doll."

"I think you're beautiful." he stated.

You looked to the side for a moment, concealing a red face and a smile. Looking back at him, you laugh a little.

"Should we really be thinking about this stuff...? We're just some dumb, lovesick teenagers."

"I think our parents took away that liberty. But for the time being...let's try and be just that." Shouto replied. You smile and hug him.

"Everything is changing.."

"Yeah," he breathed. "It is."

"This is so weird.." you quietly said.

"Do you.."

"No. I don't wanna stop."

His grip on your uniform blazer tightened a little as he buried his face in the crook of your neck.

"Good."