Chapter 22

Thank you for 1.7k+ reads guys omg)

Don't You Want Me - The Human League)

Before you all knew it, the sports festival had arrived. You left home that day feeling nervous; all the pro heroes would be watching today. Your parents had bought tickets to the First Year arena, so you had that to worry about. You had to put up your best front today and give it everything you got. 

Your training had been brutal, especially with Todoroki. Only he was aware of your growth over these past few weeks, and even then you trained alone afterwards. He could be up against you in the rounds, you couldn't possibly show him everything up your sleeve. You tied the laces of your sneakers and run to school, feeling energized after a good breakfast. Nothing could ruin your day. Even if you lost you knew you would still feel great. You even took your medication today.

Getting to school, you were all given 15 minutes to prepare for the festival. You immediately changed into your P.E. suit and stretched. Tying your hair up in a pony tail, you grip your fists and think of encouraging words to yourself. You started feeling a little queasy knowing so much attention would be on your class. 

Soon, Present Mic announced the entrance of Class 1-A. The crowd was ballistic as you all walk through the passage leading into the main area. Soon, as you all gathered in the arena, The R-Rated Hero: Midnight began the opening ceremony. She calls up Bakugou and he walks onto the platform.

"Please don't say anything stupid.." you whisper to yourself.

"I just wanted to say," he began as he deadpanned at the crowd. "I'm gonna win."

The crowd immediately began to boo at your best friend, and soon enough he walked back into the crowd of students. You watched him walk by and you didn't exactly know what to say. But the old Katsuki would have laughed while he said that. Something in him has changed. You would need to speak with him soon. 

The games soon started.

The first festival event was an obstacle course that all the classes would participate in. You were all free to do whatever as long as the court was not left. 

You all lined up at the start, your breath hitching faintly as you stood next to Katsuki.

"Plus Ultra." You murmured to him.

He smirks and Midnight yells "Begin!"

The entire crowd tried to run through the passage at the same time. You realized that this was the first obstacle you all had to face. Looking at the ground for a moment, you realized that the soil wasn't completely dry. You liquidate and quickly maneuver your way to the front, composing yourself again afterwards. You began to sprint, making it into first place for a short while, until Todoroki passed you while surfing on his ice. You gasp as he glances at you and keeps going. Soon the rest of Class 1-A comes out of the bumbling tunnel, and you panic as it shoved you down into 7th place. You take advantage of the ice trail that Shouto leaves behind, turn it into water, and absorb it into your body, shooting it out of your hands to propel yourself the way Katsuki does with his explosions. Mineta managed to bounce into second place, screaming something incoherent, and was soon smashed out of the way by a robot you saw at the entrance exams!

"They obviously went through a lot of trouble, but I wish they'd prepared something a little more difficult." Shouto states as he freezes the robots in place, running through their legs afterwards. 

Again, Shouto had created more openings to leave through. But you realized he did this knowingly, as the robots began to lose footing and began to fall over. Doing what you did in the entrance exam, you liquidate and run into the seams of their being, causing them to short-circuit. You leave as soon as you can, and the resulting explosion propels you forward into second place.

The next obstacle was pure bullshit to you. 

Tightrope walking.

You look around, analyzing the situation. Shakily sighing, you hope what you saw in that Splatoon game you and Denki played a while back was doable. 

You liquidate and start bouncing platform to platform. You cheer as you get across, behind Todoroki, Asui, Iida and Bakugou. 

The final obstacle course was a mine field. You groaned faintly as you saw all of them. 

"I wonder how much weight needs to be put on them to explode.." you wonder out loud. You picked up a rock and throw it into the field. A bomb went off and you shrieked a little at the noise. Seeing what you did, Todoroki began to advance from where you all stood. 

Bakugou just began to fly over and you panicked as you realized you had fallen behind again. 

You had no choice than to walk carefully until you saw an opening. 

You heard digging a few feet behind you and see Deku digging up bombs. 

"What are you.." you had no chance to finish as Deku pulled you behind the shield made of a piece of robot so you couldn't get hurt. He threw you both into the gathering of bombs and in the moment you had never screamed that loudly in your life. 

"What just happened!?" Present Mic yells as you both soar over the other students. You had no idea either, Present Mic. Deku helping you made you want to repay him later, so you would. 

"CLASS 1-A'S IZUKU MIDORIYA AND (Y/N)(L/N) ARE TAKING THE LEAD!"

You both panic as you realize you would land on more bombs. You extend your hands to create a small platform of water when all of a sudden Katsuki catches up, screaming at the both of you. Shouto made an ice path underneath you two and began to catch up as well. 

"I'm sorry!" you yell as you propel water in his face, making him fall back. You began to absorb the ice that Todoroki was making in front of him and it was seriously starting to annoy him. You were both near falling again and both Katsuki and Shouto had caught up. Izuku came up with a last resort. 

"Hang on!" He yelled as he held onto the strap of the makeshift shield. As you wrapped your arms around his waist, he places his feet on their shoulders and slams the shield down again, propelling you both forward once more and stopping them momentarily. You make a water platform where you would both land and you both began to run. Deku's endurance was still stronger than yours, so he sprinted ahead of you.

"Thank you Izuku! And good luck!" you yell and wave while you run behind him. He turns and grins shakily as he kept running. Katsuki and Todoroki ran ahead of you and you sighed with happiness, coming in fourth. You immediately go over to Bakugou and hug him from behind, knowing how angry he would be at Deku's win. He was quivering with rage. 

"No way.. not again!" he growled as he gripped onto your arms to steady himself. 

The next event was soon announced. It was a cavalry battle. You were all given a five minute rest break and then an extra 10 minutes to come up with teams. You immediately go and find water, feeling dizzy after causing your own dehydration. It had been thanks to Deku that you had been able to progress in the match, you realize. Feeling a bit nervous and unsure, you continue to down water. You drank about 4 bottles in those five minutes, and soon go back to the area.