•22

Wanna believe what you say
But I hate you on most days
You've been testing my faith and my patience, yeah
And you know that I be head strong
But you know that you be dead wrong
Telling me to relax when I'm reacting
But I, I'd rather fight
Than lose sleep at night
At least you're all mine
And if I have to choose
My heart or you
I'm gonna lose, yeah
What if nothing ever will change?
Oh I'm caught between your love and a hard place
Oh I wish there was a right way
I'm caught between your love and a hard place, oh
Whoa, oh oh whoa, oh oh whoa, oh oh whoa
: Hard Place by H.E.R

                 Lyric P.O.V.

            "Thanks again," I told Chance as we walked down the aisles of Wal-Mart. It's been about a week since I seen King or my sisters and I plan on talking to the latter tomorrow. Chance and I never talked about it. He took me home and stayed with me until I fell asleep. Then he left. We didn't talk about it again until today when he brought it up a few minutes ago.

            "You know I got you through whatever," he smiled. "But you ain't gone tell me what happened?"

             "I don't know what happened. It's like one minute I was ready to face this thing head on, then I just blanked out. It was like I was fading in and out of the conversation," I shrugged.

             "What's going on with y'all?" He asked.

             "I don't know. He thinks we're together, but I'm not sure at this point. I hate him," I shook my head.

             "You hate him? Nah you just love him so much that your feelings are turning you inside out," he shook his head.

              "But he doesn't love me back," I shrugged.

              "That man does love you. But he's loving you the wrong way. I mean he got you pregnant on purpose. This man trapped you because he knew there was a chance you'd walk out of his life. And yesterday he looked ready to pummel me if I didn't let him get to you. Granted he was gone get his ass whupped if he would have tried, but that's beside the point," he shrugged. I chuckled.

               "Okay, but he still has a wife Chance. How can he love me but he's married to a whole other female?" I asked.

              "Give him an ultimatum. Tell him it's you or her. You ain't about to remain his side chick. Hell nah Lyric you're too precious for that and if he can't realize that, you don't need him and he doesn't deserve you," he stated.

             "And?" I asked.

            "And what?" He asked.

            "Aren't you going to tell me how stupid I am for being involved with a married man?" I asked.

            "You know that you're wrong Lyric. You don't need me rubbing it in your face. Me or your sisters. You're going to make mistakes and if King is one, then we just gotta let you make it," he shrugged.

              "Do you think King is a mistake?" I asked him. He chuckled.

            "Lyric, only you can decide that. But I think he'll come to senses and wife you up before he loses you. You love him. Even though you'll probably hold a lot of shit against him in the beginning, I think y'all love could be beautiful," he smiled. I did too.

              "Why did we break up again?" I asked him. He shrugged.

              "I really don't even remember Lyric. I just know one day we were together. And the next we weren't. And we were perfectly fine with that," he said squeezing my hand.