•19

Let me get this out the way so there ain't no complications later on for us
I know things don't stay the same
People grow and seasons change, but when it comes to love
Don't you feel like you ever gotta worry about my
Feelings changing for you all the time
Cause when I say I'm here girl, I mean it
So when the world and the odds are against us you won't have to question
The answer is yes
When 2 or 3 years from now
You start having some doubts about if this love will last
The answer is yes
I'll still think you're beautiful
Cause I'm more attracted to
What's inside of you
You don't have to guess
The answer is yes
'Cause I love you
All I care about is your happiness
So the answer is yes
: Yes by Musiq Soulchild

                 Lyric P.OV.

          "King we need to talk," I muttered rubbing my head. Its been a couple of weeks since that dinner incident and I wanted to tell King everything. I know we aren't on a good note right now, but I feel like he needs to know everything concerning my health while I'm carrying his child. So I called him last night and told him to come over today. I didn't think he would be this early. I was still in my night gown. I just put on a robe and came downstairs. My hair looks like a bird nest. At least I brushed my teeth, but I have a bad headache right now.

           "I'm listening," he shrugged strolling on his phone. I almost forgot he was here. I need a long hot bath. He wasn't paying attention to me anyways. He was into whatever was on his phone.

           "Put the phone down," I sighed. He sat his phone on the table. 

           "So?" He asked.

          "You remember when you found me crying in my bathroom with all those pill bottles?" I asked.

           "Yeah," he said.

            "Well that was the day the doctor diagnosed me with breast cancer," I said.

           "Oh," was all he said.

           "Look. I really need your support. I have a chemotherapy session in two weeks and even though, I really dislike you right now. I want you there with me," I told him.

            "Why?" He asked. Him and these stupid ass one-word answers are about to work my nerves.

           "This may sound stupid right now. But when I thought about it, I realized you were there for me in my time of need. You made me feel beautiful despite my illness. I was feeling ugly, but you made me feel the total opposite inside and out. And I really would like to have your love and support," I explained.

            "What's the date?" He asked picking up his phone.

             "March 8th. Exactly two weeks from today," I said.

              "And when's your next appointment?" He asked.  

              "March 7th," I answered. He nodded.

            "Well. I guess I'll be looking in your face two days straight," he shrugged setting his phone down.

           "Thank you so much," I said hugging him.

           "You know you got my support on anything. I'm trying to keep my children safe and keeping them safe means keeping y'all safe, fed, and healthy," he shrugged.

            "I know," I replied.

           "Is that all you need?" He asked.

           "Yeah. You got somewhere to be?" I asked. He shook his head no.