•8

Some people search for the fountain
That promises forever young
Some people need
A dozen roses
And that's the only way to prove you love them
Hand me the world on a silver platter
And what good would it be
With no one to share
With no one to truly care for me
Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you baby
If I ain't got you baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain't got you, you, you
: If I Ain't Got You

                  Lyric P.O.V.

           My temples were throbbing and my eyes were drooping. I've been hardly getting any sleep lately between work and my job. And now I was having a hard time focusing. My professor just kept droaning on and on about our test scores, but we have yet to see them. The test was a mock one preparing us for our exit exam determining whether or not we become certified nurses. Still we have yet to see our mock results.

            "With that being said, my highest score was an A and the only A made by one of your fellow classmates, Lyric Presley," he stated. My head shot straight up. I made a freakin A. I did it. I thought I failed that damn test. But I passed. Even though it was a mock exam. If I could ace that, then I know I could at least get a passing score on the certification test.

          "Go home, pull an all nighter.  Better yet pull an all weeker. But you need to pass this test if you ever want to start your nursing careers. This is serious. It's your whole life. I expect better results on the next one." The class groaned. "Alright you all are dismissed," he said. I got up and headed to my car, but this guy stopped me.

           "Aye you're Lyric right?" He asked. I nodded. "Well Miss Lyric, I'm one of the less fortunate ones that didn't pass the test, and I happen to think my grade would benefit from a study date with you," he smirked.

            "I'm not sure about that. I kind of winged it," I shrugged.

           "Alright then, I think that I will benefit from a date with you," he stated boldly.

            "As nice as that sounds, I can't. I have a man," I shrugged. And I am not about to go on a date with this fine ass man in front of me. He have bitches fighting over him. And I ain't fighting no hoe about no nigga that's mine. But if she wanna get jumped by the Presley sisters, that's on her.

             "It ain't cheating till you get caught," he pressed.

           "Well she just got caught," I heard King say wrapping his arms around me. I smiled melting into his embrace. Dammit, I'm falling for him again. I hate this. No. No. I can control myself no matter what.

             "Alright then," the dude said, then walked off.

            "I was just gone walk away after that one," I half-lied shaking my head.

         "Seems like you were enjoying the conversation to me," he replied.

          "I kind of was. Getting hit on is fun especially when he not creepy and fine," I replied.

            "I'm gone put a sign on you that says King's woman," he said.

           "I thought you forgot about me," I turned wrapping my arms around his neck. He leaned down and kissed me.

           "I would never. Now let's go," he said pulling me to the car. I put my bag in the back and noticed two suitcases back there.

           "King where are you going?" I asked him.