•28

When I first saw you
I already knew
There was something inside of you
Something I thought that I would never find
Angel of mine
I look at you
Looking at me
Now I know why they say the best things are free
Searching for you, boy you are so kind
Angel of mine
How you change my world, you'll never know
I'm different now
You helped me grow
You came into my life sent from above
When I lose all hope
You show me love
I'm checking for you boy
You're right on time
Angel of Mine
: Angel of Mine by Monica

                    Kyren P.O.V.

             Today I am taking Lauren to her appointment and we're supposed to find out what we are having today. She's 6 months and she ended up missing her last appointment because she went out of town. Lyric is due in two more weeks, but I doubt she makes it to her due date. I'm ready for my lil man to get here.

             Now I'm waiting on Lauren to get ready and we're actually on good terms. I think she's trying to get me back. But that's not happening at all. I love Lyric and I'm not trying to lose my baby. Speak of the devil, my phone lit up with Lyric's picture. I looked at Lauren.

           "Are you really gonna answer that?" She asked.

           "It could be about my child," I shrugged. She rolled her eyes and I answered.

          "Wassup baby?" I asked.

         "Nothing. I just wanted to hear your voice," she said softly.

          "Baby that's so sweet," I cooed. She laughed.

           "Where you at anyways?" She asked.

           "Getting ready to take Lauren to her appointment," I shrugged.

           "Ok, baby. Call me after its over," she said.

          "Ok I will," I replied.

          "We love you," she said.

          "I love y'all too," I smiled, then hung up.

          "I love y'all too," Lauren mimicked me. "Since you love that bitch and her bastard so much, go be with her!" She snapped.

          "Lauren. Lyric is my lady and you two need to stop disrespecting each other. The only reason we're still married is because you want to wait until after our baby is born. And my child got a name. Its Kyren Kyle King Jr. So use it," I stated. She frowned.

           "I don't even give a fuck no more," she snapped.

          "Take your ass to the damn car!" I yelled at her. She frowned, but didn't say shit, and marched her ass to that car. I followed her out praying to get through this appointment without getting mad. Lauren is a piece of work. We got in the car and I pulled out of the driveway.

             We drove in silence to the clinic. I got out of the truck and opened the door for her. We walked inside and she went up to the receptionist. I waited until she got the paper and she needed and we sat down. Then we sat I silence until her name was called.

              "Lauren King!" A nurse called. She got up and waddled back there and I got up to follow her. They were weighing her when I realized I left my phone in the car.

             "Lauren, I gotta go get my phone," I said.

          "But we're about to do the ultrasound," she whined.