Chapter 31 ☀️

Yoongi's eyes flicked open. A dull yet piercing light drifted through the window falling onto Jimin's face beside him. Dried tears stained his puffy cheeks and his lips looked cracked where they pursed out in his sleep. Although he seemed completely dead to the world, Jimin's hand was still tightly clasped around his, holding onto it for dear life. As if even in sleep Jimin was worried that Yoongi would try to leave.

Holding it tightly, Yoongi wriggled closer. In the morning Jimin's skin had always looked so soft, even back when they first started sleeping in the same bed. At the time he had been too heartbroken to fully appreciate how lucky he was to be able to wake up next to an angel. They were just two broken souls that found each other on the train tracks.

With a careful hand Yoongi brushed a stray hair out of Jimin's eyes, watching as his face scrunched at the light tickling sensation. He gave this up, he left it behind, left Jimin behind. A dull ache pounded uncomfortably in his chest. How could he have been so stubborn?

Memories flashed behind his eyes and the tight stab of betrayal twisted heavily in his gut, he closed his eyes at the familiar pain. Why was the world so cruel to always slam the past straight back into his face. Why couldn't he just let things go.

A ruffle of movement made Yoongi's eyes flick open. There in front of him, still dead to the world, was Jimin. His face now lifted on an awkward angle showcased a previously hidden trail of drool. It slid down the curve of his cheek, shiny against the flushed skin. Out of the corner of his eye Yoongi could see the small dark wet patch on the sheets and a fond huff left his mouth. Carefully using the tip of his sleeve, Yoongi wiped away the wetness with a little smile. Jimin was a mess even in his sleep.

The delicate touch proved enough to wake the younger from his slumber, his eyes slowly fluttering open.

"Yooon what're y'doin."

The sleepy slur was so endearing it shook a little chuckle out of Yoongi. Lifting his hand away, he shuffled the patch of wet material off his hand, just to place his fingers back onto Jimin's soft skin. A slight frown filled Jimin's face and he pouted out his lips releasing a sleepy mumble.

Yoongi leaned in close and pushing their foreheads together, pressed a gentle kiss on Jimin's mouth. The younger fluttered his eyes open and with a soft sound pushed his lips back against Yoongi's. With slow movements they brushed their mouths together, a sleepy drag that felt so precious under the trickle of sunlight.

The morning was quiet and still, the silence only broken by their muffled sighs and slow breaths. Yoongi didn't think, just kept kissing Jimin until his chest felt like it would burst with emotion. Pulling away felt next to impossible, but his stomach swooped telling him that it was time to speak up.

"J-Jimin c-can we talk."

Stuttering over his words Yoongi took a moment to recentre himself. Blinking his eyes back open he found Jimin wide awake and staring at him.

"We don't have to now, or-or even today if you're busy. Just soon. I'd like to talk."

Jimin slowly responded with a small reassuring smile

"Yeah, I'd like to as well."

...

The morning felt slow and hazy. Yoongi almost refused to leave bed so early, only accepting Jimin's demands to go out because the denim had settled uncomfortably on his skin. With some black trackies in hand, Yoongi tugged off his pants and a sigh of relief came with the new soft material against his legs.

They had both opted for lazy, comfortable clothes and leaving the house, it was as if they were matching. Both in black trackies and fluffy sweaters. Yoongi felt snug and his usual grumpiness towards the chilly air was quietened by a calm satisfaction.

Jimin's presence was warm as they walked close together, an easy silence had fallen over them. It gave Yoongi the room to take in the way their steps pattered against the side walk or how Jimin's breath came out in small puffs, filling the air with a white mist similar to his own.

Yoongi wasn't sure whether it was the comfy clothes or that navy beanie Jimin was wearing, it looked really good with his dark hair, but he found himself moving a little closer. Their arms brushed almost awkwardly, but Yoongi refused to acknowledge it after his decisive movement. It wasn't long until Jimin huffed exasperatedly and snatched Yoongi's hand in his own, intertwining their fingers.

...

The cafe was small but busy and Yoongi thought they were lucky to snag a table during the morning rush. Jimin left to order their drinks as he waited, tapping his fingers nervously against the table. It was a cute cafe quite different from his own, the seats were covered in pretty patterns that drew Yoongi's gaze distracting him from the nervous bubble growing inside his chest.

A red mug was placed in front of him and he stared at the dark liquid in a kind of half daze, only snapping out of it with the drag of Jimin's chair.

"Uh, thanks."

Looking up with a nervous smile, Yoongi tried to calm himself. His heart suddenly felt like it was running a freaking marathon, pounding against his chest with solid thumps. Squeezing his fingers into a tight fist, he dug his nails into his skin hoping the pain would take away from his drilling anxiety. How the hell was he so calm this morning, it felt like a train of trampling emotion had just ran into him full force.

Yoongi took a shaky sip of his coffee, letting the hot liquid burn it's way down his throat, a sense of ease filling his bones at the familiar hit of caffeine. Slowly he started to feel a bit more like himself and after another large gulp of coffee, the pounding in his chest reduced to a dull knock.

Glancing up again Yoongi watched as Jimin took his own nervous sip from a bright blue mug. His hands looked unsteady, but when he caught Yoongi's gaze he gave him a sweet smile one that he knew meant, 'take as long as you need'.

Heavy relief sunk deep into Yoongi's bones and he smiled gratefully back. Although he felt calmer, he couldn't cease the nervous bounce in his leg or the incessant tap of his finger, but it was enough for now. So with a small shuffle to get himself comfortable Yoongi spoke in his raspy rumble,

"Where should we start?"

...

Sh*t is getting real 😱😵

I've missed you guys! Ahhh I think I wrote 8 different versions of this chapter😭😪 But overall this one felt the most natural 😌

Anyways if any of you lovely readers have any bottom Yoongi recommendations for your author, please send it my way xx

Anyways if any of you lovely readers have any ✨bottom Yoongi✨ recommendations for your author, please send it my way xx