Chapter 28 ☀️

Yoongi was left shaken after his last encounter with Jimin. His words had pierced through a dark wall Yoongi didn't even know he had and left him stuck hearing Jimin's warm voice on repeat. The way he had been spoken so lightly and gently, before plump lips lightly caressed his skin as a goodbye. Jimin had been acting weird that day and now he was stuck wondering why the man had looked so tortured. Why did he have a bad day and why didn't Yoongi ask him about it instead of just shutting him down like usual.

As always Jimin left him distracted from work, he tried as much as he could to focus on his current task, but it just didn't seem important compared to the anxious thoughts swirling in his mind about the younger. The only thing that kept him going was the knowledge that he would see Jimin at some point that day. Maybe once he saw him smiling and fine, his heart would stop torturing him with worries.

This hope quickly ran out. The last thing Jimin had said to him yesterday was 'I'll see you tomorrow', but it was verging on 4pm and there was no sign of the younger.

When six o'clock arrived and no Jimin, Yoongi could physically feel the build up of tension, his shoulders set tight with worry. Where was Jimin? Why didn't he come? Yoongi could text Jimin and ask him but he hesitated. What if he just brushed it off to something little, when there was something heavy weighing on him.

Making one final coffee with two modest teaspoons of sugar, Yoongi closed up the cafe and set off into the dark streets. Large looming lamps illuminated the path as he took quick steps, holding the warm coffee close. Walking to the end of the street he turned the corner and immediately saw the large new building that somehow squeezed into a gap in the tightly filled streets. Unsurprisingly lights still lit up the inside, as people continued to work hard into the beginning of nightfall. Entering the building he walked straight to the reception desk.

"Hi I'm a frien-, I know Park Jimin and I just wanted to see if he was still here."

The man at reception smiled brightly. Somehow he seemed slightly familiar but Yoongi didn't know why. He became quickly distracted as his eyes dropped to the mans toned arms... wow.

"Yes, he's still in his office. Did you have an appointment with Mr Park?"

Yoongi's gaze dashed up to meet brown orbs, his expression became sheepish as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Uh, no. Actually, I just came to drop off some coffee."

Lifting the takeaway cup he gave the brunette a small smile, hoping that he wasn't turned away. Despite expectations, he was given another friendly smile before the man was picking up the phone on his desk.

"Just give me one moment to let Mr Park know you're here."

The receptionist made a very swift call, speaking fast and efficiently and before Yoongi knew it he was being directed to the elevator. The button was pressed for him and the kind man left him with a polite smile. The elevator shot up, rapidly passing floors and Yoongi felt his stomach drop with uncertainty. Was this the right decision? What if he was bothering Jimin's work. Shaking his head to rid himself of the unbidden thoughts he decided that if Jimin was busy he would just drop off the coffee and leave. He could always talk to him tomorrow.

The elevator came to a stop and the doors slid open with a bing. Another receptionist, a woman with long blonde hair, immediately directed him to Jimin's office door leaving him with a somehow less genuine, but still polite smile. The other receptionist must have called the woman to let him know he was visiting Jimin.

Now that he had arrived, he felt hesitation flow through his body. His fisted hand hovered over the door and he bit his lip before rapping on the wood with quick taps. A muffled, "Come in", came from inside and Yoongi twisted the handle and slipped through the door.