thirty-six

B R U I S E S
by
Lewis Capaldi
"And I'm so tired of being so exhausted."

─────

─────

Beth walked into their Venice hotel trying to hide the disgust on her face. Water covered part of the lobby and mold ran up some of the walls. 

Flash didn't even try to hide his distaste of the hotel, "this place is sinking. Little Stark, why don't you call up one of your buddies and get us a 5-star hotel?" 

Beth rolled her eyes to herself, "it's not that bad, it's just... cozy." She turned towards Flash but was met with his phone shoved in her face as he tried to record her for his 'Flash Mob'. Beth smacked his hand, making him drop his arm. 

"Don't record me while we're here, I'm trying to enjoy my time away from cameras." Even though Flash was an asshole, he understood and respected her privacy. 

"Okay everybody, get your bags off and we're going to meet at the Da Vinci Museum at 3. Let's go!" 

Mr. Harrington nodded, swinging his arm out. "Vámonos!" 

MJ corrected him as the rest of their class filed in, "it's Andiamo."

"Andiamo!" He repeated.

Beth was the first one to rush upstairs. She didn't have a roommate in fear of waking them up if she had any nightmares. 

Quickly shutting her door, she dropped her suitcase on the floor. Unzipping it hastily she pulled out a white blouse and ripped jeans. 

Stripping from her large hoodie and sweatpants that she wore on the plane, she quickly pulled on the flowy white blouse. Buttoning up the few buttons on the front before trying to quickly shimmy into her jeans. 

A knock on her door made her panic as she started jumping around the get the ripped skinny jeans onto her legs. "One second-" she let out a cry as she tumbled over. Landing hard on her butt as she quickly pulled the pants on. Scrambling to her feet, she quickly zipped and button her jeans just as Peter burst through the door. 

"I'm fine, promise." Though her butt was a little sore from falling ungracefully onto the ground. Peter searched around the room for anything that was wrong, "what happened?" 

She scratched the back of her neck awkwardly, "nothing, nothing. I just lost a fight. To my, uh, jeans." Peter stifled a laugh. Beth pouted, "it's not funny. I hurt my butt." He slowly stalked forward, wrapping his blue jacket around her shoulders. 

"Want me to kiss it to make it better?" Beth's face scrunched up as she hit his chest, playfully. Peter's laugh ringing through the room. 

The sleeves of his jacket swallowed her arms, making her scrunch them up to see her hands. Gently, he tucked her hair behind her ear.