twelve

It was a race against time, they stole Flash's car. Peter drove like a maniac, Beth let out a scream as they almost ran into another bus. She kept dialing Tony's number but he never picked up, she tried Happy, she even tried Pepper but no one picked up. 

"Alright, Ned. Where is he now?" Beth yelled over all the traffic.

"Uh, he stopped at some old industrial parking lot in Brooklyn." 

Beth turned to Peter, "I thought he said he was going out of town."

"Yeah so I reached Mr. Happy, don't think he likes you by the way. Sounded like he was catching a flight, he said something about taking off in nine minutes."  

"Oh my god," she mumbled. Peter turned to look at her then swerved the car into the wrong lane, "what, what is it?"

"It's moving day!" She cried out. Peter sped up the car, "wait slow down. You're getting close, it's on your right." Beth pointed to the parking lot, "there." 

Peter webbed the light post and made a sharp turn causing them to skid on the side of the car. Once they stopped he turned towards her, "are you okay?" She nodded, "yeah. Let's go."

"Keep trying to get through to Happy," Peter said to Ned.

Peter slowly lowered them down from the ceiling, they both looked around. This place was so high tech, on one of the many computers in the room was the plane they were going to rob today. 

Beth watched as Peter looked around the corner, "hey!" Beth's eyes widened, "Peter." She followed after him. 

"Oh, hey kids. Didn't hear you come in." He said, casually. "It's over, we got you," Peter said walking towards him, Beth trailing behind him. 

 "I really, really admire your grit." Beth moved up so she was walking beside Peter, "I see why your Liz's best friend."

Beth scowled at the man, "how could you do this to her?"

He grinned, "to her, I'm not doing anything to her. I'm doing this for her." Peter chuckled, "huh, yeah." He webbed his hand onto the table, Liz's dad sighed. 

"You guys, you're young. You don't understand how the world works." Peter scoffs, "yeah, well. I understand that selling weapons to criminals is wrong." 

Liz's dad looked at them furiously, "how do you think your dad, Tony Stark, paid for that tower? Or any of his little toys?" He pointed at them, "those people, those people up there. The rich and the powerful, they do whatever they want. Guy's like us, like you and me, Pete. They don't care about us, we build their roads and we fight all their wars, but they don't care about us." 

He sighed, "we have to pick up after them, we have to eat their table scraps. That's how it is, I know you know what I'm talking about." 

Peter shook his head, "why are you telling me this?" He grinned at them, "because I want you to understand. And I needed a little time to get her airborne." 

There was a loud crash and his wings crashed through the wall, Beth dove down onto the floor to avoid getting her head cut off. 

They ducked and jumped away from the wings and succeeded. "I'm sorry, kids." The wings flew down from the roof, Peter grabbed her waist jumping over the wings. "What are you talking about, that thing hasn't even touched us yet," Peter called back. 

"True, but then again, wasn't really trying to." They watched in shock as the wings took out the columns that held the parking lot up. Then they heard the rumble and the roof came crashing down on top of them.