eleven

Frostbite - ELEVEN

Ever since Washington where she saw that nightmare version of herself Beth was always afraid of falling asleep, fearing if she were to shut her eyes that vision would come back. She had no choice now, she didn't choose to sleep. She pushed herself too far and this was the consequence. Every second she wished for the vision to go away but it didn't, it kept protruding into her mind like a virus. 

On the day she woke up she had the worst of the vision, instead of seeing herself she was that nightmare version of herself. Trapped inside of her head, screaming to get out somehow. The power that flowed through her was something she had never felt before, and part of her liked it. That's what scared her, she turned her head seeing Peter's fear filled face staring at her. "Pete?" But no words came out of her mouth, she was stuck in her own mind.

Finally light started flooding back through her eyes as her savior, not before this void version of herself stabbed Peter through the abdomen. Her eyes widened as she let out a scream and that scream carried through until she shot up straight in her bed. Peter who was laying beside her widened his eyes as he wrapped his arms around her, she shook in his arms. Peter stroked her hair comfortingly, "you're okay." Beth looked up in her fright to see Peter, who didn't have a wound in his abdomen. She let out a breath of relief wrapping her arms around his torso tightly, Peter held onto her tighter.

Beth pulled away as she felt his tears hit the back of her shirt, "Peter?" He wiped the tear from his face, gripping onto her hand. "I thought you'd never wake up," she rubbed her thumb over the back of his hand. "How long was I asleep for?" Peter sighed, "2 weeks." Beth was baffled, "two weeks?" Peter nodded, Beth's eyes wandered towards the window seeing that it was dark out. "It's dark out, why aren't you out there?" He shook his head, "Mr. Stark took my suit." 

She didn't reply only pulling him closer to her, "we'll be okay." Peter nodded looking towards her then down at her lips, Beth made the first move. Closing the gap between the two of them she pressed her lips onto his, Peter let out a noise in shock before wrapping his arms around his back. Beth wrapped her arms around his shoulder's pulling him close, a few moments later they both pulled away. Peter's face was flushed red, "you're cute when you're all flustered." He blushed even more.

That night Peter slept with her, May agreed only if they left the door open which they were both fine with. Beth cuddled her head onto Peter's chest, he looked down at their laced hands. "Homecoming's coming up?" Beth looked up at him, "time really flies." 

Peter stuttered, "do you- uh. Do you want to go with me?" Beth looked towards him and laughed, "Pete, you don't have to be so awkward about it. We're dating, of course, I'll go with you." Peter blushed, placing a kiss on her forehead.

And the next couple days she spent going shopping with Liz and preparing for homecoming. Her first homecoming ever, actually her first dance ever. 

After school, she went home with Liz to get ready. She straightened out her dress which was an off the shoulder light blue dress that had little white accents on it. She got it cause it reminded her of snow.

Beth turned towards Liz who gasped, "oh my god." Her cheeks heated up, "are you sure you're okay with this? I don't want you to think your third wheeling." 

Liz nodded, "you've never been to a dance before. It's my job as your best friend to be your guide and besides my dates meeting me there." 

Beth nodded but instantly got nervous as the doorbell rung. Liz's mom came into the room, she let Liz walk out first to see her dad and then she heard a voice. 

It sounded so oddly familiar it made chills run up her spine. When Beth stepped out the first thing she saw was Peter and then she saw him, the Vulture. Peter walked up to her placing a kiss on her cheek, "it's gonna be okay." He walked her over to Liz, "sir, you don't have to drive us." Peter said to Liz's dad, "it's alright, I'm going out of town anyways." 

Liz grabbed her hand dragging her to the car, "what are you going to do, Pete?" Liz's dad asked him, "oh, um. I don't know." Liz looked up from her phone, "don't grill him, dad." 

"I-I'm just a sophomore," Peter looked over at her. 

Liz leaned forward, "Peter has an internship with Beth's dad, Tony Stark." Beth's foot tapped on the floor nervously, "oh, he's not my dad. Just my guardian." 

Liz looked at her, "you get to hang out with Spiderman and Frostbite. That's amazing." Liz's dad looked at her through the mirror, "huh, what are they like?" 

"Yeah, they're nice. Great people." Peter lay his hand over hers while it shook in her lap. "Have I seen you two somewhere before?" 

Liz looked at the two, "Peter's on the Academic Decathlon team with me and Beth came to support. They were also both at my party." 

Peter nodded, "yeah it was a great party, lots of windows." Liz looked over at them, "you guys were there for like ten seconds." 

Beth let out a nervous laugh, "no we weren't." Peter backed her up, "yeah we were there."

Liz shook her head, "no you weren't. You guys disappeared like you always do just like in D.C." 

Liz's dad let out a breath, "so sad about what happened at D.C. Were you scared?" Beth squeezed Peter's hand tighter, "I bet you were glad your old Spider-man and Frostbite showed up in the elevator though."

Peter looked at Liz knowing she would rat them out accidentally if they lied, "we actually didn't go up. Beth has a fear of heights."  

"Good ole Spiderman." 

And then they pulled up into the school, Liz running out of the car to go meet her date leaving them alone with the Vulture. 

He reached over to his glove compartment taking out a gun, Beth tensed up. "Does she know?" Beth furrowed her eyebrows, "know what?" Peter lied. 

"Good, she doesn't."

He looked at them dead in the eye, "Peter, there is nothing more important than family. You both saved my daughters life, I could never forget something like that." 

He let out a breath, "so I'm going to give you one chance. You walk through those doors and forget that any of this and don't you ever, ever interfere with my business ever again. Cause if you do, I'll kill you and everybody you love." He turned towards Beth, "starting with her." Beth sucked in a breath as the barrel of the gun pressed against her leg. Peter tensed up, pulling her closer. They both moved to get out of the car, "hey, I just save your life. What do you say?" Beth looked up, "thank you."

Beth took slow steps to the entrance, her best friends dad just threatened to kill her. She slowly walked up to Liz who turned towards her. "Hey, are you okay? You're really pale," Beth sighed, "I'm sorry but I've got to go." She ran out into the hallway along with Peter, he put on his homemade Spiderman suit while Beth pulled out her mask.

They ran out of the building but were both thrown apart by the Shocker. Beth dropped her mask, it flung out of her hand cracking as he hit the ground. She watched groggily as he beat up Peter, her hand shot out and she tried to freeze him but without her mask, she wasn't in control.

"I need my mask," slowly she tried to climb for her mask. The Shocker noticed landing a punch against her ribcage, knocking the wind out of her. She lay there next to Peter trying to catch her breath when he raised his fist to end it when a web shot out and stopped him.

They all looked at the source and saw Ned, "nice shot!" Peter cried out. He webbed the shocker against the school bus, Beth picked up her mask which only covered half of her face as the rest shattered on the floor.

"Alright, let's do this."