twenty-three

"Oh, yeah. You're much more of a Thanos." 

The Titan looked at the crashed ship, "I take it the Maw is dead." Doctor Strange nodded slightly while Thanos heaved a heavy breath, "this day extracts a heavy toll." Thanos walked closer his eyes landing on the necklace around the wizard's neck, "still, he accomplished his mission." 

Strange squinted his eyes, "you may regret that. He brought you face-to-face with the Master of the Mystic Arts."

Quill smirked from where he hid, Peter and Beth peering over the edge of the building waiting to strike. 

"And where do you think he brought you?" 

Strange pressed his lips together, "let me guess. Your home." Thanos propped his knee up looking around, "it was." The reality stone glowing from its place in the gauntlet the tragic area around them shifting with one full of life. 

"Titan was like most planets. Too many mouths, not enough to go around. And when we faced extinction, I offered a solution." 

Strange gave him a look, "genocide." Thanos looked around at the lively planet, "but random, dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a madman. And what I predicted came to pass." The area around them turned back to the destructed planet, "congratulations you're a prophet." 

Thanos eyed him, "I'm a survivor."

Doctor Strange's jaw clenched, "who wants to murder trillions." Thanos held up his hand, "with all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers. They would all cease to exist. I call that... mercy." Strange pushed himself onto his feet, "and then what?" He took slow steps towards the titan, "I'd finally rest... and watch the sunrise on a grateful universe." He looked down, "the hardest choices require the strongest wills."

Doctor Strange clashed his hands together, "I think you'll find our will equal to yours." Thanos looked up, "our?" Before he could even react Tony had dropped the building on top of the purple titan, "piece of cake, Quill."

Quill started running, his feet pounding against the ground. His mask forming on his face, "yeah, if your goal was to piss him off." The building was encased in purple light before exploding into pieces, Thanos yelled out in anger. The building morphing into a bunch of bats flying after Tony. 

Beth stood up along with Peter. The two of them flipping off the building, Peter fired a web into Thanos' eyes before swinging to land a kick to his face.

The ground under Beth's feet cracked into ice as she landed, her hand dragging against the floor sending spikes of ice after Thanos. Drax slid on the floor beside her, slashing at Thanos' legs. Sharp knives of ice rested in her hands. Whirling around she flung one at Thanos, ducking under his arm that swung at her. 

Beth turned around, slashing at the giant Titan. Doctor Strange appeared from a portal beside her. Thanos fought off the three of them. The titan threw his arm out knocking her back, Peter swung down grabbing onto her before moving away from Thanos. 

Quill fired at the back of the Titan, hopping throughout the rubble. Strange assisting him by putting magic platforms under his feet. Quill flipped over Thanos placing the bomb on his back. Landing on his feet his mask dissolved, flipping Thanos the finger he dove back into the portal.

"Boom!"

The blast hit Thanos before he could register Quill's words, smoke enveloping him. 

Strange turned to his cape, "don't let him close his fist." As Thanos got up the cape wrapped itself around the gauntlet. A portal appearing behind him as Peter jumped through landing a punch, "magic." Disappearing into another portal before re-entering, "more magic." Diving through he landed a kick, "magic with a kick."