five

Frostbite - FIVE

Today was the day. Bethany's first day at school, she slept at Peter's house. Tony had bought Peter a bunk bed so when she stayed over neither of them had to sleep on the couch.

"Beth! We have to go," Peter called. She straightened out her sweater before grabbing her backpack and rushing to meet Peter at the door.

"Bye, May," Peter said, giving Aunt May a kiss on her cheek. Beth copying his action before following him out the door. They both headed for the metro that takes them to school. On the metro, Peter looked at Beth's outfit.

"Oh, no you don't." He pulled down her sweater while revealed her stomach. Peter and Beth's friendship grew over the time they spent recovering. "Sorry," she blushed.

Peter led her into the front office where they got her schedule. Beth's stomach was filled with butterflies. She's never been to school with so many people or anyone.

Beth stopped dead in her tracks, "what if they don't like me?" She questioned her only friend, Peter smiled placing his hands on her arms. "They're going to love you, I promise." Beth gave a small smile before following him around.

About a month or two passed since the fight at the airport. Beth had became situated with the school, she was able to make new friends. Liz was one of her closest friends and Mj too but Peter he was always there, never let her down when she needed his comfort.

Beth stood at her locker putting away her textbooks and grabbing her things for her next classes. She felt someone behind her, she knew who it was. Peter let out a hiss, "can you stop freezing me to death?" He playfully glared at her. 

Beth just shrugged, "oops." She saw Ned walk up to them, "hey Ned." He grinned brightly at her, "hey Beth." 

She bid the two goodbyes before walking off with Peter to math. She was actually paying attention, unlike Spider-baby who was on his laptop watching videos people caught of him saving a car. Beth kicked his leg under the table when the teacher looked at him. 

"Peter, you still with us?" Peter snapped up, slowly closing his laptop. "Uh, yeah," he looked at the board and ran the answer once through his head before answering. "Uh, mass cancels out so it's just gravity times sine." 

Beth sat inside the Academic Decathlon meeting quietly, "Peter, it's nationals." Peter sighed, "is there any way you could take a week off?" Mr. Harrington questioned. "I can't take a day off because if Mr. Stark needs me then I need to be there," Peter explained. 

"You've never been in the same room as Tony Stark," Peter heard the water fountains start to rattle. He turned to Beth and placed his hand over hers underneath the table, "it's okay." The fountains stopped rattling but she didn't stop glaring at Flash.

"Wait, what's happening?" A girl on the team asked, "Peter's not going to Washington." The girl started to protest while Abraham questioned why. 

"Really right before nationals?" Liz questioned, Mj then spoke up. "He already quit marching band and robotics club," Beth gave her a funny look. "I'm not obsessed with him just very observant." 

Liz turned around towards Flash, "Flash you're in for Peter." Flash taunted Peter, "I've got to check my calendar, I've got a date with Black Widow." Beth smirked as Abraham rang the bell, "that is false."

As the bell ran Peter grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the school, he jumped over the school gate while she lifted herself with an ice wall then melted it right after.

They went into Mr. Delmar's, Beth ran over and grabbed two gummy bears while Peter went over to Mr. Delmar. She put the gummy bears on the counter, "hey, Peter. Number 5 right?" Peter grinned, "yeah, and with pickles and can you smoosh it down real flat."

"How's your aunt?" Peter stood there awkwardly, looking at Beth. "Yeah, she's alright." Mr. Delmar turned and spoke to his worker, "she's a very hot Italian woman." Peter licked his lips, "how's your daughter?"

Mr.Delamar glared at him, "10 dollars." Peter looked back at the menu, "it's five dollars." Mr. Delmar gave him a look, Peter smiled. "I'm joking, I'm joking," he put five dollars on the counter as Beth picked up the gummy bears and he got his sandwich. He went to pet Murph before they both ran out of the store.

Making their way to the alleyway, Peter started stripping himself of his clothes. Beth takes off her jacket leaving her just in a tight white tank top and skinny jeans.

Reaching into her bag she pulls out her mask and put it on. She let out a breath as ice surrounded her and she felt the tightness of her suit on her body, she turned to Peter who just secured his suit on. "See you tonight," she said before lifting herself onto the roof.

She heard the sound of firetrucks, she sped off towards the sound. She came across a complex of apartment buildings on fire. 

Beth saw a woman and their kid stuck in the window. She lifted herself up to the window, Beth held out her hand. "Take my hand," shakily the child reached out her hand. 

Then the balcony they were standing on collapsed, Beth raised her hands and caught them with water before slowly lowering them to the ground.

She used the water from the trucks to put out the fire, she heard cheers from down below her but she was gone before they could question who she was. 

She ran over to docks to see if there was any trouble, and there indeed was. Beth could hear someone underwater, standing from the docks she ran past the tourist and dived into the water.

She saw a little girl drowning in the water, Beth shot her hand out and the girl started towards her. She lifted her up and placed her on the docks, swirling her hands around her body. The little girl started coughing up water, "you're okay." She waited for the ambulance to arrive before running off to meet up with Peter.

When Peter saw her she still hadn't dried herself off yet. Her suit was soaking wet along with her hair, she sat on the railings of the fire escape eating a sandwich. 

"About time," Peter smirked. She glared at him before sitting down next to him and drying herself off. Peter's head snapped towards the bank, Beth turned to him and smirked. Peter stood up, "finally, something good."