six

Frostbite - SIX

They both walked in casually before standing awkwardly behind the criminals. "Ahem, hey guys. Forgot your pin number?"

Beth had a hold back a laugh from his awkward introductory. "Whoa, you're the Avengers," she mocked them. "What are you guys doing robbing a bank?"

 Beth's arms shot out freezing their feet while Peter beat them up. "Thor, Hulk finally nice to meet you guys." He slammed the man wearing the Thor mask into the wall, "I thought you'd be more handsome in person." 

Peter hanged from the ceiling as she went after the people on the ground. Freezing their hands and wrists to the ground she couldn't get to one of them in time.

They held up some high-tech weapon at the two of them. It held them in the air, that's right in the fucking air. They got slammed into the other side of the room causing all the ice to break. 

"What is that thing?" Beth huffed, standing up. They picked up Peter slamming him into the roof and then into the floor, "I'm starting to think your not the Avengers." 

She heard the sound of one of the weapons charging before it went off, cutting through the building and Mr. Delmar's shop like paper. "Oh my god," Beth mumbled before pushing the door open and running across the street. Water came flooding from the fire hydrant and put out the fire in his store, Peter ran in and grabbed Mr. Delmar and Murph.

As police sirens rang the robbers were already gone, "we got to go." On the way back to his apartment Peter was rambling to Happy about what happened, "Happy the craziest thing just happened to us, these guys were robbing an atm with these high tech weapons and-" 

Beth assumed that Happy cut him off, "wait-wait your moving? Who's moving?" Peter turned to Beth hurt that she didn't tell him until he saw the look on her face and realized she didn't know either. "But- what if Mr. Stark needs me for something?" He looked back to the girl who was staring at his shoes, "what about Beth?" She blocked the conversation out and kept walking back to the alleyway, "crap, my backpacks gone. I'll call you back." 

Peter turned towards her, "hey, it'll be fine. I'm sure Mr. Stark was going to talk to you." Beth nodded while just shrugging her shoulders, "alright, let's go back." Beth hid a small smile while walking over and wrapping her arms around his shoulders and locking her legs around his waist.

They made their way to the fire escape to his room, he opened the window and Peter went through followed by Beth. He was on the ceiling while she was on the floor, her feet turned the carpet to ice. 

Peter landed on the floor after closing the door softly. Then they both turned around and saw Ned standing there and the Lego Death Star crashed on the ground. "What was that?" May called to them, "nothing, May. I just, um, ran into the desk." Beth called back. 

"You're the Spider-man, and you know Frostbite." Beth then realized that Ned still had no idea who she was. "I'm not, I'm not." He rambled taking off his suit, "you were on the ceiling." 

"Ned what are you doing in my room," he cried surprisingly. 

"May let me in, you said we were going to finish the Death Star." Ned pointed at her, "who is she?" Peter turned to her and let her decide. 

She sighed reaching her hands up and pulling the mask off her, she felt the winds in the room pick up before stopping. And she was back in her old clothes, "Beth?" She nodded at Ned. 

"Surprise," she said awkwardly. Then May opened the door into the room, "that recipe was a disaster let's go to dinner." She waved the smoke away with the towel in her hand, "Thai? Ned? Beth? You want Thai?"

Peter put a hand on Ned's chest, "no, he's got a thing." May turned to her, "Beth?" She hid the mask behind her back, "um, I have to get home and call Tony." May nodded, "okay." Then she looked at Peter, "put some clothes on." 

Ned gasped, "she doesn't know." Peter ran in front of him, "nobody knows, except for Beth and Mr. Stark knows because he made my suit but that's it." 

Ned gasped, "are you an Avenger?" Beth pursed her lips, while Peter pulled on his sweater. "Yeah, basically." 

"You've gotta keep this a secret," he pleaded with his friend. "A secret, why?" He pointed towards the door, "you know how she is if she finds out people try to kill me every single night. She's not gonna let me do this anymore, come on Ned please." 

He pushed Ned out of the room before letting out a sigh, Beth huffed sitting down on the bed. "He never told me he was moving upstate," she muttered to him. Peter turned towards her, "what?"

"Tony, he never told me. I mean I barely see him but now," she let out a cold laugh. Peter walked over to her opening his arms out, "come here." Beth sighed standing up and his arms wrapped around her. "He loves you, and I know he wouldn't do this if he thought it would hurt you." Beth nodded, "I'll head home now." 

Peter stopped her, "why don't you stay here tonight?" She looked at him surprised, "so we can get to school on time." Her expression dropped, "okay." She watched Peter leave before climbing into the bottom bunk.

Every time she slept on the top bunk he said that she made the bottom bunk drop ten degrees. A couple hour later she heard Peter come in and jump into the top bunk. Then she finally fell asleep.

"So you got bit by a spider?" Ned questioned as they walked to school. Peter held on his books in his hands since he lost his backpack, "can it bite me?" Then he made a face, "it probably would've hurt, right? Whatever even if it did hurt, I would let it bite me?" 

Peter sighed, "the spiders dead, Ned." 

And then they came across Mr. Delmar's, "oh my god." Ned gasped, "you guys were here." Beth nodded turning towards Peter, "you could have died." 

Peter looked at the bank, "do you lay eggs?" Beth and Peter both gave him funny looks, "what? No."

The day went by and every chance he got Ned would ask questions about her or Peter's powers. Beth was late to gym class, she had a meeting with the principal. It was so weird he just asked if he could get her an autograph from Tony.

He gave her a pass so she would be excused for being late. She changed into her clothes, "Peter knows them!" 

Beth froze in her spot, she handed her pass to the teacher before running over to Peter. "No, he doesn't. Ned." She turned to them giving him a look. "They're friends," Flash walked over to them. "Yeah like how Coach Wilson is friends with Captain America," Peter moved closer to Beth as he heard the pipes start to rattle above them. 

"I've met them, a couple times. It's, um, through the Stark Internship." 

He turned towards Ned, "yeah, I'm not supposed to talk about it." Flash nodded, "that's awesome, hey. Maybe you should invite them to Liz's party." Beth turned towards her friend, "you're having a party?" 

Liz nodded, "yeah I was just about to invite you when you came into the gym." Flash walked closer causing the room to start to shake, Peter grabbed her hand behind his back. "You know, you should invite your friend Spider-man. And maybe he can hook me up with Frostbite." 

Beth glared at him, Peter moved closer to her. "You'll be there, right. Parker?" Then all the water fountains broke, Peter whipped around pulling her into a hug to calm her down. The water didn't go anywhere it just spilled onto the floor. 

"I'm sorry," she whispered. He rubbed her back, "it's okay. We'll work on it." She nodded, he took her hand and they both left school.