twenty-seven

"No!" Tony rushed over, taking what was left of her arm to lie her back onto the floor. "Beth, stay. Fight it!" She gasped for breath as she could feel her body become lighter as it faded away, Tony shook his head. "Stay, please." Beth gave him a sad smile, "dad. It's okay, it's okay. I'll be with Peter." She let out a sound laugh before she coughed weakly.

This time it was different than Alaska, this time she wasn't scared. Cause she knew she wouldn't be alone, but every part of her fought to grip onto reality. To stay with her dad, the person who took her in and taught her everything she knew. 

Tony let a tear fall down his face, "stop thinking like that. You're not going die." Beth nodded weakly, "you're gonna be okay." Tony sobbed weakly as her face started cracking, starting to fade away. Tony cried as he stared at his daughter one last time, "I'm sorry." And she was gone just like Peter.

Just like half the Universe.

Tony sat there in complete shock, alone. His wide eyes saw the dust still on his hands, Tony's body trembled from the ice that was slowly melting. His eyes followed the trail of remaining ice as it made its way towards where Beth disappeared. A simple snowflake similar to the one on her necklace was left frozen there, Tony's hand reached for the remainder of ice. The last thing of Beth's that he had, she was just here. 

Tony turned back around, his head resting in his hands as he rocked himself back and forth. His eyes shut tight hoping that this was a dream, but he knew it was real. The pain was too real, the heartbreak was too real. They lost.

Nebula tilted her head down, even she was saddened by everyone's demise

Nebula tilted her head down, even she was saddened by everyone's demise. Her father that she followed for years on end had finally done what he had planned to do all this time. It made her feel guilty and disgusted she had ever been a part of it. The loss of her sister hitting her hard as she had just reconciled with her. Now there was nothing they could do. 

They failed at stopping Thanos. They lost.

"He did it."