LX - Sixty

•Yugyeom•

The day was turning cloudy and I didn't have time to warn YoungJae that I wasn't going to stay in school. Currently, Duri's hugging me close with his face in my chest as he sobs and mutters things I didn't understand under all his crying and sobbing. We sat at an empty park where no one actually hangs out because of kids suddenly disappearing with no trace, it hit the news worldwide and the King and Queen (my parents) took it to their own hands, which was the first, and tried their best to provide one of the best detectives out there to solve that case but nothing was ever found. But I personally wasn't scared of that, it was years ago anyway.
Suddenly I felt Duri's body shift, he was now sitting on my lap and clinging on me with teary eyes, I could feel his wet cheeks touch my cheeks and his heartbeat quicken onto my chest. I held him even tighter till I felt him relax, "Why is everything being so difficult to me..?" He questions and I felt my heart ache, "Don't say that..." is all I choke out before I get teary eye myself. "But-", "I can't see you like this, I can't stand it when you cry. I want you to stay here, with me. I don't want you to go away." I mutter the thing that matters to me most. I ramble on and on about how much I care about him and I realize I've talked too much, I haven't realized Duri started to cry again. His nail scratching the fabric on my back but I don't stop from holding him. I close my eyes and lean my head on his shoulder, "Don't worry anymore, we'll do this. We'll figure out a way to get JaeBum to leave our lives. We'll work up to something and we wouldn't have to worry about school anymore. I promise you it'll get better... I promise."
"I...I don't think JaeBum will leave...", My breath hitches but I don't speak, I look forward and wait till he talks, "You couldn't do anything about it... and... it's okay...", he takes a breath and continues, "he might run away and never be found but... but he'll still be in my dreams... and it's fine..." And it's like he accepted fate, and he really did. It didn't sit right. He couldn't be fine with it. But I couldn't change that. I couldn't do anything to bring him to jail because... I'm still a kid. A prince of the 'royal family'. The 'not-so-royal-son-of-the-family'. Or whatever they called me. The elder people saw the real me. They know I'm not worthy. What would I be worthy of? I wasn't sure. I knew I didn't act like royalty. I didn't feel royal. I didn't want people to see me like that. I wasn't like them, I'm not like them, not at all.
"I'm sorry... but you can't, you can't be okay with this!" I shout but I try to keep my voice down. I felt tears run down my cheeks as I hold him tightly till he winces in pain and I loosen my grip. I always forgot his ribs were healing. "I can't let him get away with this because it isn't right. He isn't right... he hurt you and you... you got the side effects. It isn't right..." I bite my lip. I wish JaeBum would bring himself to jail to make everything easier but this was a reality, not dreamland.
"I know...", he takes a hissing breath, "but.." And he stops again, "I don't know what to do!" I pull away from the hug to catch his features. He's pretty when he cries that it hurts. I felt my throat hurt again. He rubs his tears again and covers his face with his hands. "S-Stop looking at me..." he mutters and I felt a small pit of relief hit me, "Should we... talk to him?" I hesitate but I say it. He opens his mouth and closes it, he swallows then finally speaks, "I...I can't do that...", he breaths in like before, "b-but..." he takes his hands off his face, I watch his small brown eyes catch mine, "Okay...", And when I finally realize what he says I shaky say, "Are you sure?" And he frowns, "I don't want to see you suffer either..." he replies, I feel my heartthrob and I finally smile.
"I love you.", "I love you too."

We both stopped at a familiar location, my home. We stood near each other for a while more as we stared at the big mansion. "I haven't been here for a while..." I say weakly and Duri looks up at me, "I don't want to go home either..." and I guess he felt the same way I was feeling. I didn't want to go anywhere near my family, not even a glance. My gripped tightened on Duri's hand and he winces and tugs my arm, I release my harsh grasp, muttering a small sorry. "I won't stay so Can you wait for me?" I hum worriedly and he nods his head, "It's okay.", I give him a small smile before I speak again, "Then we'll go to your Dad's house, he needs to at least know you're alive..." and suddenly he looks away. He nods his head and says softly, "I have to.... tell him... or- crap... He'll kill me....", I knew he was scared, I could feel the sweat of his palms meet mine. My hand snakes to his cheek and he stares at me with worry. "Don't worry, It'll be okay..." but he doesn't respond this time, he always does that when he was nervous or when he doubted something.
I sat him at a nearby bench and I looked back at him a few times before entering the house. I look around to see if anyone was home but that was stupid since I heard talking. It was clear to my ears as I walked nearer and nearer, "Yugyeom hasn't come home in forever. And you think he'll be king?! Honey, be honest. He tried to help a boy who was raped. A boy! A boy for crying out loud! Why in God's name will he try to help such a lowlife like that?!" I could hear my mother yell, my father breathing like he was tired of all this said, "If word gets out that we didn't help a poor boy you know we could have major backlash? Aren't you so over the top about how we look in people's eyes? Think of it like that. You'll ruin your own living. You wouldn't enjoy that won't you?" And they continue to argue. I take a deep breath and walk forward to the dining area where YoungJae was his head down with his plate empty and Mother standing like she's about to attack my dad as he sits peacefully.
I take another breath before peering through the entrance and I see YoungJae look up at me with an open mouth, it slowly closes and he faces mom who was looking at me in anger. "Yugyeom!" She stomps her way towards me, her finger pointing at me as she does and when she gets close enough I step back. "You ran away?! What the hell are you thinking?!" She shouts as her fingers suddenly grips the tip of my ear tightly, "Ow! Okay, okay! Please let me explain!" I beg and she lets go with a big pant. "Then hurry." And I do, I explain what I was doing this whole time and they all looked at me like I had three heads, "I'm not staying here either... I'm going to basically drop out of being the next king." I say with a sarcastic tone. They gasp when I say that and YoungJae stands up, "You can't! Are you stupid?! Just because you love someone that doesn't mean that you can just run away!"
I breath in and open my mouth, "I'm not like you guys... and of course YoungJae isn't." And his stiff body turns relaxed, like I saved him. "Are you boys insane?! This is our whole life we are talking about!" Mother yells, she stomps her heels onto the checkered floor and tears rushed down her face, "Do you need help?! A doctor?! More money?! A bigger house?!", even though this wasn't a normal house at all.
"You know what I want." And that's all I say before turning my back on them as I leave through the door.
"Goodbye."

To be continued...

My bad!!! It's been foreverrrrr LO SIENTO school is ASSSSSS