XIV - Fourteen

•Duri•

"Come on! I thought I was gonna win!~" Yugyeom whimpered, stomping his foot lightly and gripping the paper cards. "I'm sorry, I'm just good at this game," I say with a small grin, it's been hours since we were arguing and now we were playing with a deck of cards. Me not having video games I was especially good at any game I came across but I didn't want to brag or anything. Yugyeom lost about five rounds and we were on our sixth. I spaced out a couple of times but we didn't have any further problems which made the time spent with each other even better. I felt nothing really bothering me, not even pain while we laughed and talked. But it's been hours. Coming to a realization my eyes widened, I dropped my handful of new cards and gasped making him flinch and look at me. "U-Uh y-you're going to need to leave!- I forgot my dad comes home and he doesn't know you!" He looked understanding and got up, "Sure, - Uh he won't do anything bad if he catches us right?", I shrug and grabbed the paper rectangles and placed them back in their packaging. "He could be nice or he could whip the shit out of me..!"
Yugyeom helps me clean. The feeling of him being royal doesn't pass my mind. He was different.
Until my living room had no mess, he picked up his backpack and threw it onto his back, slipping on a mask, sighing out he looked at me giving me a thumbs up, staring at me with his eye smile. I didn't do anything in return, I was more worried that my dad might find out I was not at school and he'll ask me questions. I ran to his side and went to open the door, placing my fingertips onto the golden doorknob but before I could turn the handle the door opened itself making me jump. The door slammed open, making the objects in the house shake. My eyes widened as I looked over at the Yugyeom who was a complete stranger to my dad, who stood at the door with a dumbfounded face. He didn't look angry rather he looked confused to why I was standing near a human tree. I gave out
a small stupid smile.
"Hey, dad.." I mutter in a low tone, my hands behind my back as a fiddled with my fingers. "U-uh..." is all I heard in reply, I bit my red lip and looked over at Yugyeom who was also fidgeting with his backpack strap, he lets out breath, I closed my eyes, I was too nervous to even look at Yugyeom's face but then I heard him say, "Sorry for coming without your permission sir, I was just worried about your son. I was about to leave." I opened my narrow eyes to view my father who surprisingly didn't shout at me. He looks at the taller male then back at me, "But why do you have to be worried?" I was so glad he couldn't tell how Yugyeom looked under that mask. "U-uh..." he stutters. "He seemed kind of down and....", Yugyeom looks down at me and I look at him, "I wanted to cheer him up with food."
My dad gives both of us a side eye before he exhales disappointingly, "I'll let it slide today." Slide? Today? I sighed in relaxation, "Sorry", I muttered looking down at my hands that were covered under my sleeves, "Walk your friend out and we'll relax here,", "R-right..." I hum, "I won't let it slid next time.", my dad gives me a worried gaze, "Go on.", I glance over at Yugyeom, "U-uh- Lets g-go Then." I stutter about to take a step before pain rose up my back. I stopped for a moment then continued. "You okay?" Yugyeom asked, "I'm fine just- let's go.," I muttered looking over my shoulder, Dad didn't even pay attention to us anymore, he was now sitting on the couch looking for
the remote.

Now, we were outside, the sky was bright, the sun hitting my eyes, making me turn my head over at the tall male who was tall enough to cover the sun with his body. He skipped down the stairs as I watched him as I leaned against the opened door. "Uh..." is all I said, I scratched the back of my neck and sighed. At one point I felt like everything was left behind, now it came back like a rolling rock. Things happened so quick. I bit my lip again, feeling my teeth sink in my skin then an iron taste slipping through my teeth to my tongue. I turned on my heels every second hearing Yugyeom come closer to where I was, "What's wrong?", "I just remembered something..." he tilts his head a bit jutting his lip out making a small pouty face. "Well... you want to hang out for a while more?-" I cut him off raising my hand near his mouth, "I'm all
good."
The aura between us turned dark again. I hated it. I wanted to end my peaking anxiety. It kept on creeping on the back of my neck making my body shiver and my eyes go watery. I was scared and didn't want to be here anymore. I wanted to be alone again, but I haven't noticed that I opened my mouth and spoke, "J-JaeBum is f-fucking scary-" I stopped my sentence and turned my head to see Yugyeom look at me with a serious face, "What did he do? Please, you have to tell me-", I felt like I was about to snap again and tell him to go away but I couldn't. My mouth quivered as it stood open; trying to find words to pair up with what I just said. "N-not right now okay?" I saw as he instantly frowned, "But it seems like he did something really bad!", I shook my head and hugged my own body, "Just remember to tell him not to be around me anymore..." He looked at me with concern. Grabbing my shoulders and pulling me close giving me a warm hug. "All right then."
And so he left, He looked down at his shoes as he walked on the sidewalk. He looked sad. I just sighed. Seeing as he turned the corner I walk back inside. I guess I should've at least said bye but I couldn't even make my mouth move, feeling tears already engulf my eyes. I sniffled and climbed the stairs slowly. I didn't want to cry because of someone who barged in my house and hurt me. I didn't want to care. But I did care, the thought of it was a nightmare. I didn't want to be touched like how JaeBum did it. I didn't want to see anyone like him. But now.. everything shifted to Yugyeom, was he part of this? No, he's so sincere. But then again he might be. I didn't bother thinking anymore though. Entering the apartment just to lock myself in my room again. I was alone for now.

To be continued.....