XLIV - Forty four

•Yugyeom•

Rubbing my eyes from the sunlight I groan and I push my hair back. I was tired and there was no way I'd have a chance to sleep today. The reason why was, I was at the mall, it wasn't as crowded as I thought and all the stores were gladly opened. Stepping inside the big building, that was the size of my house, I look around. I didn't have a wink of sleep since the drunk little Duri had three nightmares and since he wasn't sober he didn't remember a single one. He jolted out of his bed all the times it happened, sweat all over his face and a look of hurt filled his eyes, it hurt me but I smiled at myself. I knew for a fact Duri was going to succeed and there was no reason why he wouldn't, he was perfect in every way possible, so I decided to get him a gift, I wasn't sure what but it was going to be something.
Looking around the stores I found nothing that was interesting and everything was all the same, plastic jewelry and unnamed brands nothing was good enough. Going up a set of stairs I look straight at a store that caught my eye. Walking slowly I walked into the dim store, "Hello, How may I help you?" A lady's voice spoke calmly, I look down at her, she looked nice and her hair was tied up, she looked happy to work here so I gave her a smile although my mask covered my mouth, "I'm just looking around for now..." I hum, she only nods and looks away. I look around for a moment, it looks good enough... I thought, maybe I could find clothes for him? Or maybe a ring or earring. I wasn't really sure what he liked. We never talked about that before. "Hmm..." I groan, maybe we should've just got to know each other even better instead. I asked him out but it's not like we're official, I never really met him much...
ever. 
Looking at the male sized clothing I really wasn't sure what he'd like to wear, he'd always look cute in anything though. Looking further I stopped at a shirt, it looked common and not that pretty. 'Drink and forget' it said, it just recalled Duri in that state. It was terrifying, to say the least. I didn't like it at all. It wasn't him. When I turned around I looked at other things that didn't really catch my eye. I drew back from the area and started to look around somewhere else, maybe a ring was better? Maybe a necklace? I wasn't really sure. Walking into different stores I finally found something perfect. A bright smile played on my lips although no one could see it my eyes lit up like I won the lottery, Although winning the lottery is like getting twenty dollars for a holiday present.
Feeling happiness drown me whole I ran to the small stand, asking the worker how much it'll cost and if they could wrap it up nicely for me.

Happily, I raced myself to the school's sidewalk, waiting till Duri popped out of the school and I could surprise him with his gift. Holding the bag tightly like a school girl ready to give lunch to her crush. To my surprise I spent hours at the mall looking for something so simple and adorable- it was honestly worth it.
Watching as a student from the school look at me for a second then walk off I expected Duri would get here any second now. Suddenly, I heard my phone ding! I grabbed it,

Can we hang out again?

I smiled,

Of course, darling
I'm waiting for you right now.

I cringe at the nickname I gave him but let it slide, he leaves me on read and I could hear the door of the school get pushed open,

Where are you?

He asks and I chuckle,

To the right behind the fence

Once I sent that text I could hear his footsteps come closer and when he does he almost walks past me, I tap his shoulder and watch him flinch and turn around, "Hey~ It's me!" I whisper in a happy tone. When we make eye contact the mood of bliss suddenly dropped, my face couldn't hold a smile. I could see tear stains ran down his face, he looked like a sad puppy. "O-oh, hi.." he mutters, his tone soft and his eyes barely look at mine, "I- You Okay?" I ask, he hesitates to open his mouth and when he does he starts to cry again, my throat hurt and I walked near him with open arms, pulling him and holding him close till he was sniffling on my chest.
His heartbeat raced and there was nothing to do but to wait till he calmed down, I learned that the hard way. Once he stops his wailing he wipes his tears and looks up at me, "I- I um... didn't understand any of it... and B-" he stops himself for a second but continues before I reach for him again, "BamBam was being... mean..." he sounded like a bullied baby, it hurt my gut, I hold his hand with one of my free hands and hum, "Don't mind him, he doesn't know where he belongs... he's always been like that..." He looks a bit comforted and nods, I smile at him.
He didn't complete anything of the test and I got him a present? I was honestly done with myself, why couldn't I just get him a present for no reason? Wouldn't that make me an even better person? I hesitate at first but I pull the bag in front of Duri, he stares at it then stares at me, "Wh-What?" He questions in a fragile voice, I nod and open the bag a bit, "I... I wanted to buy you this because...", I sigh, "Because I thought you'd complete the test but... since you didn't I bought it for you because I want to know you... I want to know you more than just Name, favorite color, ideal types..." I rambled on for a while till I ended. I gave him the bag, his small hands grip each side and opened it slowly.
His eyes lit up and I could tell he smiled, a real smile.

To be continued...